13| Let Me Be.

Sorry for the ending of this chapter lol

* * *

Day 7(2): Let Me Be.

I HATED SUSPENSE.

At this point, I was beyond doubtful. Curse Tom for leaving all of us in this situation.

I played with the hem of my shirt and sighed. Tatiana held her phone in hand and texted happily to someone, while Taylor, who was clearly losing her patience, was glaring daggers at Tom.

The silliest thoughts ran through my head as Thomas prolonged the silence. Martin's name was Martin Martin. Thomas was stupid and now the dramatic pause wasn't much of a dramatic pause because now he was just making it obvious that he didn't in fact have a plan.

Martin kind of just sat there, not really paying attention to anything as he stared into a distance.

"I have a plan." He suddenly stated, beating Thomas to it. His head instantly snapped up in Martin's direction, disbelief shone all over his features.

Martin just ruined the whole moment for him and took his spot light. I was living for it.

"Oh come on, Tom, you wouldn't have said anything in the next twenty minutes. You would claim to be thinking of a plan with that slow brain of yours. Therefore, you should be glad I chipped in."

"But, I did have a plan!" Tom defended.

"I would ask you what it is, but I don't want you embarrassing yourself. Don't worry lad, you can take credit for the whole plan if need be, you got it?"

"But—" Martin gave him a look that told him he wasn't having any of it. Taylor and I I snickered, while Tatiana put her phone away with a huge smile on her face.

I could recognise that smile anywhere, it was the same smile Lillian would do right after having sex, or sexting with Riley. So, it wasn't quite hard to understand what she had just done with her boyfriend.

I cringed internally.

"Fine," Thomas sighed from beside me. "What's the plan?"

"It's a bit hectic, but it's worth a shot." Martin said. "Taylor, Tatiana, I'm going to need you both to work your pretty girl magic and get some waiter clothes."

"Been there," Thomas muttered, earning an amused laugh from Tatiana.

"Will do." Taylor and Tatiana chorused.

"You'll both be waitresses, you'll serve Riya and Ray and make sure they have the best food, okay?" They nodded firmly. Taylor even put in a salute to Martin as if she was in the army.

"And then you two," he pointed to me and the obnoxious boy sitting beside me that was patiently waiting for a task. "Will both go to Marcus, you should know him."

"We do."

"Good, explain the situation to him and he'll give you clothes, or he'll just tell you to go in your normal clothes, so he'd take care of it. And if the latter is the case, do not question what he does."

"What? What if it's something completely irrational and stupid?" Thomas scoffed at Martin's words.

"Marcus wouldn't do such, I know that, but you however, can, so keep quiet and let me speak." Marcus said in such a stern voice that I couldn't recognise. It definitely shut Thomas up. "You will do as he says, find your way into the diner on your own, and then do whatever you want to do."