Chapter 23

The smell of sweet sugar fills me as I run through the cotton candy forest. I'm so close but I really wish I could fly.

I gun straight for the tall tower.

"Marshall!" I scream. His name echoes and I yell for him some more. A shadow comes down at a fast pace and I'm swooped up by the vampire boy under an umbrella. We enter the window and I cling to him.

"I... I remember!" An overwhelming feeling of emotions just hit me and makes my eyes tear up. "I'm so sorry I left without telling you... I shouldn't have even gone!"

Marshall's arms wrap around me and he stays quiet while I ramble on about how much I missed him, my home, and my friends.

"You're back now and that matters the most" He says. The smile on my face starts to hurt my cheeks. I have my memories back and I get to keep my memories of Finn and Jake. I can't see them anymore but my memories are enough to keep me happy and moving forward.

I know they'll be okay.

-

It has been a couple weeks and everything has been back to normal except for the extensive cleaning of my home.

"Isn't it funny?" I say. Me and Marshall were in my living room, just hanging around.

"What?"

"That even when I was transported into a whole other universe with no memories, I still found my way to you and even fell for you again!" I laugh. The vampire's lips pull into a smile.

"I guess you really can't resist me," He huffs which I respond to a hard jab to his stomach. "Ow! Okay okay!"

"Dummy" Pink BMO comes straight to our door with an urgent message.

"Y/n! Y/n! It is Finn the Human!" She yells. Her face reading.

Accept this video chat from Finn

Yes
No

I click on yes and the camera goes static for a while until I see the blond boy.

"We found him! He was at the bottom of the pit!" I sit up immediately at that. Him? Me?

"Can... can I see him?" I ask. Marshall lays his head on my shoulder and a hand on the other for support. The camera is turned and I see... me.

It's almost like looking into a mirror. His hair was shorter but very messy.

"You... you need to watch where you're going next time" I laugh.

"Apparently so do you" His voice was a lot deeper than mine and we share a laugh. The camera goes back to Finn.

"Crazy right?" I agree and we both laugh.

We make small talk before Finn says he has to leave. The chat ends and I lay against Marshall.

"Everything seems fine now," I say. "I feel like I just got closure."

"I finally have the world in my arms" Marshall says, embracing me in a hug. That makes me smile in delight.

I got my vampire king back.

______________

the end unfortunately! thank you for those who have been here since the beginning! i know it was a very very tough ride but we have made it to the end!!

i hope you enjoyed this story as much as i enjoyed writing it<3

and i hope you check out my other recent stories i'd appreciate it a lot.

much love,
author

final update 09.26.2023