Chapter Two

Y/n's P.O.V.

A week after my family was murdered, it was time for the funeral, and I was not looking forward to saying goodbye to my family. My family owned a crypt in the center of the city graveyard, all the bodies of departed L/n's were taken to the crypt and laid to rest there. Small shrines had been placed around them, and I would now have to make the occasional visits to the crypt.

They were many people who attended the funeral, too many to count. Some of them were admirers of my sisters, Serena and Eulalie. Others were some of my parent's associates. There were many reporters who wanted to attend the funeral, but I did not invite them. I knew that they wanted to make this tragedy a public spectacle. But, I would not give them that chance. I looked at my mother and father's bodies, and I felt something was a little off.

I carefully stumbled over to their final resting place and placed my father's hand into my mother's. I knew that even in death they wanted to be together forever. Throughout the service, I tried to hold back tears of grief not wanting to embarrass myself. "This is truly a tragedy and no one should have to go through something like this," the minister's voice echoed. It was crowded, and I felt people slightly bump into me every few minutes.

When the service was over, everyone exited the crypt leaving small gifts at the shrines of my fallen family members. Some were flowers, while others were small pieces of jewelry, teddy bears, and handmade cards. When the final person left the crypt I was alone, and it was a little creepy. I wanted to mourn in private away from the prying eyes of the people. "Who were those people who did this? Did you know them?" I asked.

I knew there would be no answer, but it was worth trying. I was not going to rest until the criminals who did this were either or prison or dead. Suddenly, I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder. Startled, I looked up and saw a tall man with slicked-back brown hair and I could see he had a sad smile on his face.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you must be going through," he said. I wiped my tear-filled eyes and I continued looking at Eulalie. "Thank you, I appreciate it," I sniffled. "I knew your mother, she was a kind woman and she was always fought for what was right," My mother had been an advocate for women's rights and she fought for women to have the same rights that men did.

"I'm Olaf, by the way," he said extending his hand out. I carefully stood up and I took his hand and shook it gently. "I'm Y/n, the only survivor," I smiled slightly. Olaf seemed a little bit surprised, even though the murders were published in the Daily Punctilio, I don't think he expected me to say that I was the only survivor. "Oh, I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but are you alright?"

I was numb, and I could still hear the faint sound of gunshots in my ears. "No, I'm not, but I appreciate your concern," I admitted. He gently patted my shoulder. "Is there anything I can do for you during this time?" he asked. "Thank you for asking, but I think I'm fine for now, but I will let you know if there is anything you can do," I said. I placed a small red rose near my parent's shrine, and I walked out of the crypt looking back at the man who had tried his best to console me.