Chapter Two:

Karma

March 22
1:15 pm

"Okay so which one you going for? The left side is more soft and classy while the right is more sexy, mysterious looking"

"We can go with the left" I told the girl that's doing my makeup for the wedding as I looked in the mirror and sat it down "I feel like the right is too much for my dress"

"Lemme see" bri walked into the kitchen with a bag of chips in her hand. She looked at my face and nodded "yeah, go with the left. The right gone take all the attention off the dress"

"And my momma spent too much money on it"

The makeup artist laughed a little "alright then"

She handed me a couple of makeup wipes and started to pack up the make up while I wiped my face

"What time is it?" I asked bri and she looked at her phone

"1:15"

"How long does it take for a haircut? He better hurry back with my son"

"I'm surprised you didn't go"

" I was at first but I didn't wanna see him cry cause you know Hendrix don't like people he don't know, plus I figured that could be him and Benji's little bonding time since he loves his daddy so much"

"I just started to realize Hendrix be more up under Benji now than he do witchu"

"He is.. and ion like that"

I finished wiping my face and the girl ended up leaving, leaving just me and bri here now

"Kay I'm so ready for this wedding girl"

"I'm so ready for it to be over already" I sighed

"Why? You should be enjoying this time"

"I'm trying but I'm so stressed bri. Plus I'm just so scared something might go wrong as these last couple of weeks go by"

"Everything gonna be alright girl. Calm down and don't stress it. Is Benji doing everything he needs to be doing to get ready?"

"I don't even know. Ms Shonda told me not to worry about him that she was gonna keep him in check"

"What about Hendrix? Y'all got his little suit and stuff?"

"Yeah- no.."

"No?"

"I mean yeah, but we gotta go take him to make sure it fits right"

"Well when y'all gonna do that?"

I chewed down on my bottom lip while thinking "these next few weekends bout to be busy as hell.. and I really don't even think I can squeeze it in on the weekday unless I leave work early"

"What about today?"

"I mean if we leave to go as soon as they get back I'm pretty sure we can"

I heard the door open so I hurried out of the kitchen, seeing Benji carry Hendrix while he held a lollipop and a toy in his hand with his hair freshly cut and shy and jr followed behind them

"Look at my big boy!" I smiled and he rubbed his eyes while Benji put him down

"Hendrix cried and.. and he hit the man" jr laughed

"Shut up jr" shy told him while he kept laughing, showing off his silver teeth

I looked at Benji while I picked Hendrix up "he hit the man?"