The Stranger With Kind Eyes

Vienna's POV:

It was an early Saturday morning. Quiet but a few passengers had gotten off the subway. Most I assume going to work or coming home from night shifts. It was defiantly a little cold. 

There were maybe six people in line and I helped them find different locations. Same old same old, I do this everyday and almost everyone asks the same things. Banks, food places, and hotels are the most popular. 

I looked back to study the line of people before me. I enjoyed doing this, I made it a little game to try and guess who they were, makes the job less boring. This one boy in the back really caught my eye though. 

He had just approached the line. He carries nothing but a guitar case, small duffel bag and tired eyes. He was tall and very skinny. His hair was medium length, brown. It looked fluffy. It was hard to see from here but his eyes looked to be dark, brown maybe? He was younger, too young to be all alone in this world.

My predictions tell me he's starting his adulting life. Maybe traveling in search of work or a new apartment. But, he has a guitar. Maybe he's a musician I've never heard of and he'll write a song about the crazy subway worker who is staring at him and I'll wish I had gotten an autograph. Oh yea, I'm totally staring at this guy he probably thinks I'm crazy I should stop now.

I give him a quick smile and return my gaze to the older woman in front of me who is asking where a local bakery is. I see, just barely, out of the corner of my eye that the boy in the back of the line had smiled back at me. 

Finally, he was at the front of the line. Now he was the one staring at me. I told him where a café was but I don't think he was listening. I studied the boy. He had dark brown eyes with little line in the middle of a golden brown. They were beautiful. His hair droops down to his eyebrows and is fluffy, he pushes it out of his eyes quite often but I find it attractive somehow. Something about him is just so fascinating to me. 

I want to know his story. Everyone has that one story that shapes them into who they are today. And I have a feeling that his is very interesting. I've never been one to catch feelings for someone I've barely spoken to but something about him just captivates me. Something in his eyes tells me he's been through a lot. Maybe a rough childhood. His eyes are so easy to get lost in to the point where I don't even know how long we've been standing here.

I snap out of it and decide to address him staring at me. He blushes and looks really embarrassed which just makes me like him even more for some reason. Idea. 

I grab the business card to that café I recommended to him and quickly scribble my name and number on the back. I hand it to him and he smiles at me before putting the card in his pocket without looking at it. I hope he turns the card around at some point because I am WAY too shy to just ask for his number.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have done that. I gave my number to a cute guy I've known for maybe three minutes tops. I don't even know his name. He could be a murderer for all I know. 

I shake that thought away and wish him a good day. Then, he returns the favor but says my name. Vienna

Oh I have never loved my name more. It rolled so easily off his tongue. He didn't talk much in this interaction but when he said my name I could hear a slight city accent. From where I'm not sure but it was cute. 

Then he walked off to where I assume is the direction of the café I recommended. Maybe that'll be the last I ever see of this man. Maybe not. I hope not.

I forever hope that within the hour I'll receive a text from a unsaved number asking if I'm the girl from the subway.

 A girl can dream.