Chapter 1 - Wonka Bars

I stood next to the shelves, reaching down to grab the next Wonka bar and place it on the rack, perfectly parallel to the others, as presentation is everything.

I'd been working at this small shop for around 3 years now, my mother's old friend owned it and once she'd died he'd given me a job to keep me on my feet. Since then, I'd been staying with her sister ( my aunt) and her family, my favourite of which was Charlie, my younger cousin. He was quite the happy little boy despite the lack of income and luck when it came to pretty much anything.

We didn't have much, but we had each other. That was enough for all of us.

"How's it going Hazel?" My boss wandered over to review my work as I placed the last bar up.

"Just finished sir, was hoping I'd be able to run home now? It's Charlie's birthday soon and I wanted to take him out in the snow since I will be working on his birthday. You know spend some time with him" I asked hopefully. The man sighed but nodded as I excitedly grabbed my stuff and waved, leaving to our small house.

It wasn't much, admittedly. But we were happy. I opened the door and greeted the grandparents and Mr and Mrs Bucket.

" Hi aunt, is Charlie here?" As I spoke a small head popped out from under the table.

" I am indeed! What is it?" he asked, rubbing his head after banging it.

" do you want to come play? If that's okay with you of course" I gestured towards his mother as she nodded. We agreed to be back for dinner and at that we were off into the snow.

" Can we build a snowman?" Charlie asked as we proceeded to do so. He was a very spritely boy when he was happy like this. It was nice to see.

~~~Time skip~~~

"Tell Hazel about Mr Wonka Grandpa Joe!" Charlie mithered as we sat and ate together.

" I used to work with him, Dear" I looked at him, interested. He'd never told me about this.

" Tell her about the Indian Prince!!" his wife informed him, as he started on a story.

He told of a Palace made entirely of chocolate by Willy Wonka himself, by an odd fellow named Prince Pondicherry. His Palace had melted on himself, after Mr Wonka had tried to warn him about chocolate's tendency to melt in heat. Imagine being so stupid! I could never relate.

After a long talk about the famous Chocolatier, we headed to bed, hugging each grandparent and going to the upstairs area for sleep.

Me and Charlie sat up for a few hours, talking before I made him get some sleep.

I wondered how cool it would be to be able to meet him. But the factory was closed now, only recently had smoke started to leave the place and no one ever entered or left. To hope to meet him now was a lost cause.