Chapter 6 - The Great Hall

We navigated the burning puppets, into a long hall. Red carpet and all matching the man.

" Don't you want to know our names?" Augustus asked Mr. Wonka.

"Can't imagine how it would matter" he smiled slightly at the boy. He wasn't wrong, we would probably never see him again after today.

" Come quickly, far too much to see" we walked forward a bit more. A few of us started to take our coats and jackets off, it was very hot.

" Just drop your coats anywhere" Mr wonka instructed. I waited until others had done so first before I layed my own and Charlie's coats on top of each other.

" Mr Wonka? Sure is toasty in here" Mr Teavee said, putting his coat on the floor beside his sons.

"What? Oh yeah, I have to keep it warm in here. My workers are used to an.. Extremely hot Climate. They just can't stand the cold" He told us. I was curious now, who were these workers?

Charlie seemed to be thinking the same thing. " Who are the workers?" he asked.

"All in good time. Now!" he started forward, but was held back by a small girl, Violet grabbing him and encasing him in an unwelcome hug. She eventually let go.

" Mr Wonka. I'm Violet Beauregarde."she said.

" Oh.. I don't care " he was clearly very uncomfortable.

" Well, you should care. Because I'm gonna win the special prize at the end " she told him. She was very cocky. I didn't like her one bit.

" Well, you do seem confident. And confidence is key" I felt he only said that to get her to be quiet. I would've just socked her one, but that's me.

Next was the spoilt brat.
" I'm Veruca Salt, it's very nice to meet you Sir" She smiled so sickly it made me want to vomit.

" I always thought a veruca was a type of wart you got on the bottom of your foot. Haha" he smiled at her, although she was clearly not used to being spoken to like that.

After which, the german boy popped in front of him, mouth still full of chocolate.

" I am Augustus Gloop. I love your chocolate" He was definitely passionate about it.

"I can see that. So do I. I never expected to have so much in common" he said sarcastically.

Then he slowly turned to face me and Charlie, and the Teavees.

"You. You're Mike Teavee. You're the little devil who cracked the system" he said, slightly manic. He seemed quite unnerving at times.

"And you." He looked directly at Charlie as I placed my hand on his shoulder. " Well you're just Lucky to be here aren't ya?" he smiled and widened his eyes slowly.

He lifted his eyes to the rest of us, the adults in the room.
" And the rest of you must be there p... Pp... Pa.." he seemed to be struggling, maybe a bad memory? I had some sympathy for him if so.

" Parents? " I offered to help him, giving him a concerned look.

"Yeah, haha. Moms and dads. Dad..? Papa?" he went into a trance for a few minutes. Me and Charlie exchanged a concerned look.

Okay then! Let's move along " he brought himself back out of it as quickly as he'd let himself in and we continued towards the end of the corridor. There was a confusing, miniscule set of doors ( somehow combined into 1) At the end of such corridor.

" is it just me or does Wonka seem a few quarters short of a buck?"
"Sorry I don't speak American" I heard the conversation between Mr Teavee and Mr Salt. I don't understand the need to insult him.

Once we reached the end of the corridor we stood crowded around the door.

"An important room this" Wonka said searching for its key. "after all, it is a chocolate factory" he seemed so excited. It was quite sweet.

"Then why Is the door so small?" Why are you so rude? Mike was getting on my nerves too now. They were all rotten.

"That's to keep all the great big chocolatey flavour inside. Haha" he laughed and smiled ear to ear as he pushed the door open.....