Chapter nine

Saturday morning, we had made plans with Marie to go to the bridal shops to try on dresses. We met up in town and had some breakfast together first, Marie had decided on a red and white colour scheme. "So I'm thinking deep red dresses for you girls with red and white flowers, what do you think?" Marie asked, "sounds great to me but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's your day make the most of it" I smiled. We had an appointment for 11am "eeek this is it girls lets go find some dresses" Marie said excited. We walked into the dress shop and a tall, slim blonde girl called Michelle greeted us, she explained that she would be helping us find our dresses today and would be able to sort out fittings and everything. She showed us around telling us where the different styles of dress were, then went to make drinks, she was really friendly and helpful. We got straight into searching the rails picking out dresses for Marie to try on, some gorgeous, some just for a laugh. Marie went of into the changing rooms then walked back out doing a little catwalk style strut in the first dress, "wow you look gorgeous, I can't believe this is all really happening" I said "I know when did we grow up" Law laughed. "now go try on another we need to compare" she laughed. We both burst out laughing when she stepped back out in a huge pink puffy out dress and crown, "think I've found the one girls, do you think Jay will like it" Marie tried looking serious before joining in the laughter. This dress was sooo not Marie at all, she had decided she wanted a simple yet elegant dress and we agreed that style would suit her. She tried on a few more and she looked beautiful in them all, then she stepped out in what I think was the 6th dress of the day. Law and I both gasped "Omg, you look .." I couldn't finish my sentence ... "that dress is amazing!" Law finished for me after a moment. I could tell from the look on Marie's face when she appeared out of the changing room that she felt the same... This was THE dress. It was a long white dress, fitted nicely at the top then floating out at the bottom. It had long floaty chiffon sleeves that came off the shoulder and a tie ribbon around the waist. It looked perfect for her and you could tell she loved it. All three of us were almost in tears as she walked about in it, turning and looking at the different mirrors, "this is it isn't it?" She asked looking at us, we both nodded. She wiped her eyes gently then turned back to the changing rooms, "now we can sort out your dresses" she said to us. While she was changing Law and I started looking at the red bridesmaid dresses, we pulled out a couple for Marie to look at when she was ready. Law found the worst dress she could find with awful patterns on it and ran off to put it on. Marie came back into the room and stood beside me "wheres..?" I guessed she was about to ask where Law had gone when suddenly Law appeared in the dress "I've found the bridesmaid dresses, what do you think?" She laughed, which then made us laugh, "Perfect" Marie said, "You know I would so love to make you wear that now, you'd hate it" she laughed "but I won't don't worry, it's my wedding and you aren't ruining my photos with that ugly thing" we all laughed again. Me and Law both took a couple of dresses into the changing rooms to try, both coming out and doing our best model walks and poses, making Marie laugh once more. After a few changes Marie decided on our dresses and they were gorgeous, they were a deep red colour, had thick straps that pretty much covered the shoulder and a sweetheart neckline. It fit tightly around the bust before flaring out nicely, it was just below knee length and had a couple of gorgeous flowers with gems in at the side with a ribbon that tied round the middle, just under the bust. They were very flattering dresses and we were so pleased to be asked to join Marie on her special day. "Wow, I think we've done it girls, I think we've found the perfect dresses all round you both look gorgeous" Michelle took all our measurements and details of the dresses so they could be properly fitted before the big day, "there's one more bridesmaid that couldn't be here today, is it ok to get her to call in another time for measurements" Marie asked before telling us Jay's sister Eleanor was also a bridesmaid. We had only met her twice before but she seemed nice it was a shame she had missed out on today.
After all the excitement of the day we decided to call the guys and ask if they wanted to meet us for some food and well deserved drinks at the pub. They all liked the idea and said they'd be with us as soon as they were ready, we decided to start on the drinks without them "pretty sure they'll catch up when they get here" I laughed, "yep and I think we've earned these today, thanks for all your help girls.. Cheers!" Marie said holding up her glass. "Thankyou for sharing this with us, Cheers!" Law said clinking her glass with ours.