19

In a turn of events, and not entirely expected, Danny is back at the slightly messy apartment of a certain doctor.

"Sorry," he shuffled around the room, his eyes taking in the space as if seeing it as a stranger would. "I didn't expect to have company."

Danny looks down in shame. "You didn't have to bring me here. I can leave." She says, not wanting to put more weight on the FBI's shoulders.

"That's not what I meant!" Spencer looks over pleadingly at Danny. He knows he's messing up already and he's only just gotten her here. He's kind of terrible at being reassuring.

"It's fine," Danny looks around at the books shelves, case files and empty coffee mugs and smirks a bit, wondering if this is going to be what her life looks like in a few years. Cases upon cases seem like a good thing, a distraction from your own life.

"I'm taking the couch though this time," Danny smiles at Spencer.

While he goes into his own room to grab a blanket for her (after putting up a protest of course) Danny sits her bag at her feet and sits on his brown leather couch. Falling into the cushions, she almost messes up a few files with papers spilling out.

"Do you want to play a board game? Or maybe we can do something else together? I know you wanna get your mind off some things. This usually helps me," Spencer returns carrying scrabble, chess, and two white boards. Danny's curiosity shows through.

"Sure."

He clears out a space on the table in front of the couch, depositing all the stuff there.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this?" Danny comically whispers out the side of her mouth, bringing Spencer to a chuckle.

First they play scrabble, which Danny terribly looses at. Her words like 'cat' and 'Mexico' were no match for the ones Spencer came up with.

"Sorry I have an eidetic memory" Spencer would sass every time Danny complained.

But chess was much better. Only because he went easy on her. Though, in the end, Spence won.

"Okay, okay, I give up playing games with you," Danny giggles. "You are the superior player." She bows in mocking. Both their faces stay lit up, excitement running through their veins. Danny can't help but be glad she has a friend like Spencer.

"So what's with the white boards?" Danny asks, pointing to the aforementioned object.

"Oh," Spencer looks down, fishing in his pants for something. He pulls out two dry erase markers. "So this isn't a game. But I did hear you mention that you knew how to do a geographic profile. I thought you would want to do one with me?"

His eyes light up in hope and Danny wouldn't dare to bring him down. This was an opportunity anyone would die for. Learning geographic profiling with the boy genius? Of course.

"Yeah I read about it. I tried practicing with a few cases, but it's not like I could see if they were ever truly right," Danny shrugs and grabs the green marker.

"Well nows your chance," his tongue pokes out of his mouth as he thinks and the poor girl in front of him can't take her eyes off him. A professor, with such a beautiful mind and an equally beautiful soul. She traces his features with her eyes. The curve of his face, the way he licks his lips just a little, his eyes crinkling when he smiles. She pulls herself out of her trance when he starts talking.

"So, I've thought of a case," he points in the air like a scientist. "First we will need a map."

He's gone like the energizer bunny, leaving Danny to stifle her laughter. Back in a flash, he lays down a large map in front of Danny, the small town of Provo Utah spans before her. Spencer sits right next to Danny, his arm brushing hers.