Family Reunion

The four of us knocked on the door of my and Lorenzo's childhood home, waiting for someone to open.

It was grandpa who did it and it put me slightly at ease. Knowing how I felt when he left, he gave me a happy glance once he saw Sage. He greeted each one of us and gave us a hug. The longest one to me.

Everyone else showed up in the hallway once they heard us and my eyes met mum's. We kept eye contact for a little, while others shook hands, and I was unsure whether she was angry or happy. But then she broke the ice and hugged me. Once she let go, I watched her reaction to Sage intently but only to realise that there wasn't any. She approached him and reached out a hand, leaving us all shocked. How isn't she surprised?

Aunt Susanne came over with Mr Wilson because she moved out once they got married, and we all had a cup of tea. Sage was very nervous and I could see him fidgeting his hands. We were seated in the living room and talked about everything. Everyone ignored that Sage and I are back together, and that Lorenzo brought a boyfriend. They just talked to all of us casually.

My old little hiding spot, the attic, came to my mind and I told everyone that I was gonna go up and see it. Including my bedroom. My mother said she would join me and it meant that she wanted to talk in private. Honestly I wasn't nervous and felt like resolving any issues that there might be.

"How do you feel about Sage and me?" I asked once we were in my bedroom. It was still completely the same and we took a seat on the bed.

"When you were eighteen I believed I let you down as a parent. Now you are old enough to make your own decisions." She paused. "I knew you were unhappy with Lucian. At first I thought that you always pick the wrong men, but now I realise that you were still heartbroken." Her calm tone of voice surprised me.

"You didn't seem the least bit shocked to see us together." I remarked. She shook her had in denial.

"I was, but when I saw you photographed by the paparazzi. I may be old but I know how to use the internet." By that time I had completely forgotten that we were photographed together and that is how she knew it, thus didn't get surprised.

"And what do you think about Lorenzo and Oliver?" I continued with questions. It felt like I was talking to someone who I don't know enough. Perhaps I don't know my mother enough.

"Look, I am traditional and I am still processing it all. But I don't want to lose my children again just because we have different perspectives. I want you both in my life and do whatever you want, as long as you are both happy." Her eyes were filled with tears as she finished off and I stopped asking questions.

Instead I reached over and hugged her as hard as I could. It was very emotional and I've never felt true closeness to her like I did in that moment. She always loved us but her way of showing it was through strict discipline. Even I started crying.

"Thank you." I whispered in her ear.

_

When Lorenzo broke the news about his engagement, everyone was a bit hesitant but congratulated him nonetheless. And after some time passed and they managed to understand it, they got more and more excited about the upcoming celebration.

We went back to Sage's house in the evening and him and I stayed in the library. I told him everything that my mother said and he was relieved. With that being out of the way, we recalled many of our past memories which happened in his house as well as mine when he sneaked in at night.

Eventually we went to bed but I stayed up.

Both Lorenzo and I struggled to fall asleep so we met downstairs near Sage's piano. We got into a deep conversation about everything that happened that day.

"Honestly I thought mum was going to put us in a blender." He was still in disbelief while our conversation, combined with the place, made me feel like we were teenagers once again.

"Same, but she saw Sage and me in the news. It didn't cross my mind before." I kept my voice hushed not to wake Sage and Oliver up. Despite them sleeping in the rooms upstairs, the house was always one of those where you could hear everything through the walls. Probably because it's old.

"It brought me peace that they accepted everything. We got things our way in the end, despite all the worrying." He referred to how much we worried when we were younger about Harry and him, and me being into Sage.

"And I'm really happy that you came back. I missed you." I moved closer, leaning my head on his shoulder.

Spending the rest of the evening in silence, both of us enjoyed the relief as heavy stones were lifted off our chests.

Hope you liked the chapter. It's quite short and simple but also important. Xo