Epilogue

*Note: A portion of this was taken from the Last Battle by C.S. Lewis himself. I will mark said portion as such: []. () means it from the book with Mila added in*

The Entrance to Aslan's Country

Peter, Edmund and Mila had gone back to get the rings. Everyone else was already on another train.

Peter glanced to his fiancée. "You didn't have to come, Mila, but I'm glad you did."

Mila pressed a kiss to his lips and Edmund glanced at them. "We have to hurry."

Peter laughed and nodded. "Mila, do you know where the rings are?"

Mila thought for a moment. "I remember him saying they're in a box in his desk."

They walked into the study and searched for the rings. Sure enough, they were where the professor had told Mila they were.

The three arrived back at the train station and were readying to climb onto the train. Peter glanced to Mila. "They're coming way too fast." Another train rammed into the platform.

Mila saw nothing but pitch black.

The Merciful Queen woke dressed in a long blue and grey Narnian dress. She looked around the beautiful green field.

She noticed Peter, Edmund, Lucy, Polly, Professor Kirke, Helen and Mr. Pevensie.

She thought it strange, wondering how they'd gotten there.

"How did you get here?" Digory Kirke asked.

[("There's not much to tell," said Peter. "Edmund, Mila and I were standing on the platform and we saw your train coming in. I remember thinking, and saying to Mila, it was taking the bend far too fast.")

"And what happened then?" said Jill.

"Well, it's not very easy to describe, is it, Edmund?" said the High King.

"Not very," said Edmund. "It wasn't at all like that other time when we were pulled out of our own world by Magic. There was a frightful roar and something hit me with a bang, but it didn't hurt. And I felt not so much scared as—well, excited. Oh—and this is one queer thing. I'd had a rather sore knee, from a hack at rugger. I noticed it had suddenly gone. And I felt very light. And then—here we were."

"It was much the same for us in the railway carriage," said the Lord Digory, wiping the last traces of the fruit from his golden beard. "Only I think you and I, Polly, chiefly felt that we'd been unstiffened. You youngsters won't understand. But we stopped feeling old."

"After the shock and the noise," said Lucy, "we found ourselves here."

"You do not yet look so happy as I mean you to be."

Lucy said, "We're so afraid of being sent away, Aslan. And you have sent us back into our own world so often."

"No fear of that," said Aslan. "Have you not guessed?"

Their hearts leaped and a wild hope rose within them.

"There was a real railway accident," said Aslan softly. "Your father and mother and all of you are—as you used to call it in the Shadow-Lands—dead. The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning."]

Mila slowly walked up to the lion. "What of Susan, Father?"

The Great Lion bowed his head. "Susan is no longer a Friend of Narnia. But there is hope for her."

Mila glanced down. "I hope she realises in time." She turned to the others. "Come, Friends of Narnia. The night has ended: this is the dawn."

The others nodded. Peter took Mila's arm as they journeyed into Aslan's Country, not once looking back at the world they were leaving behind.