01 ; A GIFT

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

number 01.
A GIFT

omniscient reader's viewpoint
otome game au

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[3rd Person, Kim Dokja PoV]

KIM DOKJA SECRETLY LIKED playing otome games after work. It was a guilty pleasure of his, but his favourite was 'Three Ways to Survive a Ruined World' or 'Ways of Survival' for short. And those three ways were the two capture targets and the the player.

The first love interest was the cold tsundere, Yoo Jonghyuk. A loner regressor who is prideful and commanding. He was Dokja's first love ever since his childhood.

The second was a hidden character, who you can only unlock if you defeat a side character named Kim Namwoon and complete the Jonghyuk route. It was his most recent unlocked character. The two-faced, (L/n) (M/n).

He liked (M/n) the most since he had a separate identity, mask on and off. He could either be shy.. or outgoing. It even felt nice to enter (M/n)'s bad end for his possessiveness.

He wasn't a girl, but he was the only one who played. Other people called it trash since it took 3,149 possibilities and 13 years just to finish all routes. Especially since there were only two love interests.

He grew up with these characters and he loved them each.

The game was dedicated to him.

Dokja's eyes sparkled at his phone, looking at the final installment. He payed the in game currency called Coins, waiting eagerly for the loading to complete.

He heard it was a new possible. The reverse harem story. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't excited. What would it be like? Picking all of them in the midst of an apocalypse.

 What would it be like? Picking all of them in the midst of an apocalypse

Dokja scrolled up and down, seeing only that. 'Huh? Really, that's it?!' he thought, not even knowing the new route. He looked up in disappointment.

He sighed, glaring at the screen of his cellphone. "Oh my. At this rate you'll get sucked into your phone," a woman spoke up, making Dokja flinch— bringing his device closer to his chest.

'Yoo Sangah from HR?!' he looked up, seeing the pretty lady. "Hello," he greeted.

"Are you heading home?" she asked.

"Yes, you too?"

"Yes, I got lucky. My team manager is on a business trip," she abruptly sat down to the empty space behind him, making him panic in an attempt to hide the dating sim he was just playing.