05 ; THE CROW AND THE SERPENT

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

number 05.

THE CROW AND THE SERPENT

haikyuu
(OC) Noguchi Tadami x Hinata Shoyo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MIZUNOSEKI VS KARASUNO, the battle of the sea snakes and crows. Although it was just a practice match, everyone was serious about it— considering the two were strong teams.

Mizunoseki was an underdog like Karasuno, even though they're powerful they're not the most notorious school. They liked to keep in the dark so their opponents won't know what's coming.

They were like Nohebi. Except they were the water version, deep and mysterious— the opposite of Karasuno, that liked to be high in the sky.

That's why Hinata Shoyo felt cautious, their opponents were fairly tall and the matches recorded of them were too vague. Like they were looking in the ocean, they weren't in their territory.

"I look forward to a fair match with you," a member of the Mizunoseki volleyball team stepped forward, reaching his hand out to shake with Daichi.

The black-haired male seemed to be the leader, considering as he was the one introducing for his teammates. Everyone else there looked nervous and timid— like it was their first time playing volleyball.

"Ah, yes.." Daichi took his hand, both of them awkwardly retracting them and bowing for sportsmanship. It looks like they didn't badmouth their opponents.

Hinata got into position, cautiously glaring at the Mizunoseki captain. He could feel it from a distance, that guy was not to be messed with.

As soon as the match started, Shoyo felt an intense pressure from the team of snakes— they were like different people on the court. He looked at Kageyama, mentally agreeing to go according to plan.

The middle blocker ran forward, jumping a tall height to hit the ball Kageyama set for him— meeting big yellow eyes. As if time had stopped, he was mesmerised by them.

Trapped in a daze as he was in the air, just watching the male slowly jump to block him. He couldn't take his eyes off the outside hitter, his hands felt numb— unable to think properly to where he was going to land the ball.

He blinked, seeing the ball bounce off the black-haired player's palm— forcing them to lose a point. Hinata had never experienced anything like that before..

.

.
IT WAS LIKE HE WAS HYPNOTIZED.

"Oi, boke!!" Kageyama Tobio trotted over to him, fuming as he looked down at Hinata's stunned eyes and fallen body. "There was a space right there! Why didn't you aim huh?!"

He scolded, getting no response from the shocked tangerine. "Oi?! OI!" Kageyama waved a hand near his eyes, nearly hitting him before Sugawara cut in to see if his junior was injured.

"It's no use. He's been bewitched."

"What do you mean?" Kageyama fwipped his head over to his senior, confused on what he was saying. Sugawara Koshi lifted the charmed first year by his back collar, forcing him to snap out of what he was thinking.

"H-Huh?! What just happened?" Hinata yelled out all of a sudden, jumping up in confusion.

"We lost a point. It's okay, we'll still win."

"We lost a point? I just remember seeing yellow.. a pretty yellow.." he murmured, scratching his head to try and remember the sequence of events he was just in.

"That was Mizunoseki's Captain, Noguchi Tadami. Second year. Apparently, he has the ability to enrapture his opponent and intimidate them like a snake.."

"How'd you know that Senpai?" Hinata asked, making Sugawara smile smugly.

"I worked hard. Now be careful, even I don't know much bout him.."

Surprisingly, Karasuno lost. The moment they stepped in, they turned the court into an ocean. A domain they can move and hunt freely.

Just like what they were called, the sea snakes were venomous and deadly. The moment they bit into Hinata, the venom flows slowly and unnoticed. It was a shock for all of them to see they were losing, they really didn't expect it.

That made a big impact on Hinata Shoyo. That few seconds meant a lot to him, he wanted to be able to get better and win against Tadami.

"LEVIATHAN-SENPAI!!" he called out suddenly, running to the second year's team. Everyone there was towering over him, probably reaching 180 cm and higher.

"Pfft.. Leviathan.. Is he talking to you Tadami?" the team's libero, Kurigami Kazumi chuckled quietly— shyly hiding behind the taller and more extroverted captain.

"Uh, hey there! You're the middle blocker right? I was surprised when I saw you were a regular," Noguchi scratched the back of his neck— looking down with his 187cm of height.

"I'm Hinata Shoyo! Please teach me how to intimidate, Leviathan-Senpai!!"

"Oh.. uhm.. I'm," he started to get embarrassed by the nickname the tangerine gave him, looking at his teammates to see snide smiles on their lips. "J-Just call me Noguchi.. Leviathan is kind of.."

"I think it suits you Senpai!"

"O-Oh... i'm flattered.." his voice was lowered to a whisper, his confidence had been completely sucked dry like a snakes venom. Embarrassed, like retracting back into his den.

"J-Just call my number. Okay! Bye Hinata-kun!!" Noguchi slipped a piece of paper in his hands— running away into the car they arrived in back to their high school.

The reason why Mizunoseki wasn't very well known was actually because everyone in their volleyball team was a huge introvert. The moment they'd get interviewed by someone, they'd start shaking and collapse.

Noguchi Tadami was also very introverted, but compared to all his teammates he was just an ordinary guy. But if he gets too embarrassed, he will leave a piece of paper with his phone number prewritten. Texting is more comfortable for him.

[????]
Leviathan-senpai?

[Noguchi Tadami]
Hi Hinata-kun!!!!
Please call me Tadami. It feels weird ヽ('▽`)/

[Hinata Shoyo]
Okay!

A/N: Guys I cant see im blind help me