02 ; THE REASON I'M LIVING

A/N: KDJ is the reason he exists. He will stop at nothing to make sure his Way of Survival doesn't die.

Inspired by Dark Mortal

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

number 02.
THE REASON IM LIVING (1)

omniscient reader's viewpoint
yandere! male reader x KDJ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[3rd Person, Kim Dokja Pov]

KIM DOKJA HAD NO REAL FRIENDS. The only thing he had was the novel, Ways of Survival. ..And his imaginary friend, (M/n).

He was sure he had schizophrenia along with his depression, since (M/n) felt so real even though no one else could see him. He could actually feel and touch (M/n), he even managed to help bandage his wounds from bullying. 

He was just a character he made to insert inside Ways of Survival, sometimes they'd even talk about what it'd be like in the apocalyse or what Yoo Jonghyuk looked like. They'd read together and fantasize together. 

But as he grew up and got to his teenage years, (M/n) got more.. violent. It wasn't like him, but he started to turn into something like a demon on his shoulder— telling him to do something sinister.

He ignored his imaginary friend's requests for a while, allowing the bullies to do whatever they want with him. Dokja used to believe that nothing good will come out of taking revenge.. they might come back and hurt him later on.

But when they took away his phone and distupted his reading session.. mocking him and the things he loved. They threw it in the sink, pissing on it and stepping on it. He couldn't take it anymore. It was too much.

"I know you do don't like fighting.... I'll do it for you, if you want.." (M/n) got close to his ear, whispering a nice deal for Dokja. "I'll do it because you're my friend.."

The teen scowled, eyeing the bullies swarming him. "Kill them.."

"Haha! He's talking to himself again!!" one of them sneered, making the rest of the group laugh as he held up the phone in the air. The frail Dokja unable to get it by himself with his height. (M/n) could easily snatch it away.. but it wasn't like he was real.

"(M/n)..... kill them.."

"Your wish is my command," (M/n) took something out of his pocket, a light glint of metal appearing from it. Was that a pocket knife? Dokja wasn't sure.

Without him even realising, blood spattered on his face— his dark eyes wide as he watched all of the persecutors go down one by one, panicking from the strange phenomenon going on. Dokja covered his mouth, stopping the urge to vomit from watching all the bodies in the room.

(M/n) only smiled, approaching the reader like nothing ever happened. The blood on his face making Dokja feel sick. "You're not real.. This is a dream.."

"It's just like Ways of Survival... Kill to survive," (M/n) abruptly grabbed his hand, the blood smearing on his skin— nearly making him piss himself in fear of the male. "It's like a dream.. Isn't it Dokja?"

The (h/c)-haired male took him in his arms, comforting him like the old times except he was soaked in blood. "I'll get you a new phone. Then we can read it together.."