Chapter 4

A loud sound downstairs jerked me awake from my slumber. I looked around myself with utter confusion and than it clicked to me, I'm married now.

And in Xavier house. Breaking sound of something made me flinch. I remember locking the door before falling asleep.

Than what is this noise all about? Making my way down stairs with hesitant steps, I stumbled upon the sight of Xavier, with blood dripping from his hand.

There was glass shattered around. But he was looking straight ahead at the wall, looking almost emotionless.

"Xavier?" I snapped from those memories when a soft voice whispered my name. Almost as if she was scared. Turning towards her I saw my wife. In nothing but my shirt.

I blinked, couldn't hold myself from talking all of her in. She is beautiful. That was my first thought.My gaze lingered on her perky breast, showing that she wasn't wearing any bra.

And than I took in her smooth creamy legs. Making me imagine how it would feel to have them wrapped around me as I take her on the kitchen counter. But it's just that. She's attractive and that's it. I don't feel anything more than that.

She is just like all of them. They are all the same, nice bodies but wicked brains. Women are cruel. No matter the role they play. Be it a girlfriend, sister or a mother. I hate them.

I could see him looking at me, making me realise what I was wearing. To clear the awkwardness that suddenly surrounded the room, i spoke, "Are you alright?" This seem to make him come out of his trance.

He stared at me blankly. I mentioned towards his hand. I guess he didn't realise he was bleeding cause soon a frown decorated his forehead.

" You're suitcase in near the door." Saying that he walked passed me and went up the stairs. He reeked of alcohol. I hate alcohol. I grabbed the suitcase and went to start my day.

.....

I locked the door behind me. My head was starting to ache cause of all the liquore and cigrattes I had, the previous night.

Why does this have to happen to me? Why is it always me who have to suffer cause of my father. I hated that man in the deepest corner. But no matter how much I blame him, I still care for that old hag. Sighing I stood up, took my shirt off and threw it across the room and climbed on the bed. Soon the usual dreamless sleep took over me. Thanks to the alchole.

.....

It was just afternoon and I was bored. I had taken a very long shower, I had picked up those pieces of glass in the kitchen, made myself some breakfast and called papa.

At 10, two maids came to clean the house. I got to know they come here four days a week. But they also went away at around 12.

Xavier hasn't come out of the room. I have explored the whole house as well. There was a kitchen, living room, laundry room and two rooms on the first portion. And there was an underground gym as well. In the back we had a swimming pool and hottub and a beautiful garden with a small pond in the corner.

Walking in the garden with headphone on, shaking my head every once in a while upon the beats. I enjoyed listening to music, after i got to know, mama wanted to be a singer in her teenage days. But god forbide, she couldn't sing.

My mama might have wanted to be a singer but she wasn't blessed with that kind of voice.

I had once stumbled upon a video tap while looking through old stuff in the atic of my house. Turned out it was a collection of mama's failed attempts at singing. Papa and me had have a good laugh that day.

She met papa during a concert, when papa spilled his drink on her. And they exchanged numbers and so on. Such a cliché novel.

By the time, the clock stuck 2p.m, I have had enough. I decided to look around the neighbourhood. I grabbed my persue and went out.

Walking down the street, I saw a park. I decided to spend some time there. Sitting down on the bench, i smiled looking at the kids, playing.

I have always had a soft corner for children. They were the definitation of pure heart. Though there is no doubt they are mischievous little creatures but are just so adorable.

I want a minimum of atleast 5 children, although i would prefer more aswell. But it would be difficult to handle all those little babies. I would love to have a pair of twins as well. Putting a pause to my absurd thoughts, I remembered my marriage. I don't think i'll ever have any children in this suitation.

It seems like Xavier doesn't even want to acknowledge my presence. Let alone consider me as a wife. He looked so emotionless this morning. It was kind of weird the way he behaved. And who even spent their whole night drinking alchole. Not any sane person.

But maybe he was really upset with the marriage. What if he have someone he loved. Did I come in between them? I don't want to be the cause of someone's hurt.

But he had the right to reject to this marriage if he didn't wanted to or if he loved someone else. No one forced him. Whereas I was a different case, I didn't had any choice.

I flinched and a squeal escaped from my mouth, when I felt a hand on my thigh. With my heart in my mouth, I looked at at the owner of the hand.