chapter 2

~·~

“Dumbledore will introduce you and then you will be sorted which we all know will be slytherin” draco said leaving you with dumbledore and heading to sit at the slytherin table.

“I’m pleased to announce that we have a new student joining us… besides the first year’s… i’m sure many of you are familiar with her father” everyone started whispering of who could i be.

“Everyone meet Scarlet Riddle” Soon everyone went silent with their faces filled with fear. “Scarlet please sit in the stool to sort you in your house” Dumbledore says.

Without even fully placing the sorting hat on my head it yells, “Slytherin!”

you let out a small giggle and head to sit at the slytherin table next to Draco.

I noticed he had finished making fun of a boy at the gryffindor table, I simply chose to ignore it“I called it,” Draco says, giving me a smirk.

“Of course, what else would i be?” I said giving him a sarcastic tone.

After that all the first years were sorted into their houses and Dumbledore gave a small speech which I had no intention of listening to. After that a huge feast appeared in front of me. 

All the other houses quickly put mountains on their plates except for slytherin. The slytherin had more etiquette than the others, that was obvious.

I was a rather picky eater so I decided to let Draco tell me what he thought I would like. “You're still a picky eater like always scarlet. You never change do you?” he laughed.

''I only eat the best, you should know better than that already ferret.” I said , rolling my eyes. 

“Ferret? Why on earth would you call him that?” pansy said.

“This one time when me and draco were nine i was practicing a new spell on draco and he turned into a white ferret. Since then i called him a ferret as a cute nickname” i said “I will never hear the end of that will I Scarlet?”

“no. now what should i eat draco you should know what i like” “yes darling” draco said rolling his eyes and putting a bit of chicken, rice, veggies, and a roll of bread on my plate.

“this is what your picky stomach would like” he said putting the plate in front of me and putting a strand of my brunette hair behind my ear.

“Since when are you such a gentlemen Draco?” a brown curly haired boy with dark skin said “oh shut up blaise would mind your manners” draco replied with a annoyed tone.

“I was just joking calm down, Ferret” blaise laughed with pansy, and so did two giant looking boys who were more like bodyguards.

“Anyway my name is Blaise Zabini, nice to meet you” he said holding out his hand.

I shook his hand giving him a smile. “Nice to meet you blaise, my name is Scarlet, Scarlet Riddle.”

“Scarlet, i like it” he said “Back off blaise she is mine!” Draco said, taking his hand off of mine.

“what do you mean draco, is she your girlfriend?” “We are in an arranged marriage, Or in understanding if you would say” i said.

“Draco you never said you had an understanding” pansy said.

“why should i tell you? It’s none of your business anyway” draco said.

“Alright let’s move on from the subject. Pansy why don’t we become friends, since you are a friend of draco’s” i said, trying to get away from the subject and eat dinner in peace without remembering when I found out, more like from who I found out.

“Of course!” pansy said with a great big smile.

The rest of feast was a bit of small talk between Pansy, me, Blaise, Draco, and the two giant boys who I later found out were Vincent Crabbe (crabbe for short)  and Gregorry Goyle (goyle for short).

After dinner we all headed up with the rest of the slytherin’s to the common room which was located in the Slytherin Dungeon.

Authors note: sorry this chapter is short. I'll try making them longer and with more detail. Please let me know if I should keep writing more or if there.are any corrections I should make. This is my first story so im very new to this. I hope you enjoy!