Robby

Robby," Wendy said with a grin.

Natsu leaned back in his chair. "Robby? What made you choose that name?"

Wendy stared down at the wooden table with solemn eyes. "I thought about all the people who've been a part of my life and lost. You remember Cait Shelter, right?"

Natsu's mouth hung open for a bit before he spoke in a soft and gentle tone. "Of course I do. I also remember how tough it was on you."

Wendy forced a smile and shook her head. "It's okay, Natsu. That was a while ago."

"It hasn't been that long though."

"No, really. It's fine," Wendy assured him, still maintaining her fragile grin. She clasped her hands together on the table. "The guild master's name was Robaul and he was like a father to me. That's how I came up with the name Robby." She kept her eyes focused on her hands as she played with her thumbs. "Is that okay, Natsu?"

"Why wouldn't it be?" Natsu got out of his seat and waked over to Wendy. "You clearly put a lot of thought into this. And you're the mother of this family, so Robby it is."

"Mother..." Hearing those words from Natsu never failed to make Wendy feel all giddy inside. She pressed her fingers together as her cheeks flushed pink. "Thanks, Natsu. But...you're the father, you know? So, you should have a say too."

Natsu patted Wendy's head a couple of times. "I know that. And I say that my wife knows best."

"N-Natsu!"

Natsu jumped back in surprise at Wendy's sudden outburst. "What'd I do?!"

"You're...embarrassing me."

Natsu and Wendy walked into the guildhall as one of their guildmates flew past them flying into a wall. Elfman cracked his knuckles with a grin. "You're not a real man if I could beat you that easily.

"Sweet! Looks like a fight's gotten started!" Natsu cheered, pumping his fist. "Hey, let me in on this!"

Wendy grabbed Natsu by the arm. "Natsu, you can't. We have to go talk to the master, remember?"

"Oh yeah, that's right," Natsu said with an awkward chuckle. "Alright, let's go."

And so, the two went over to the front desk that Makarov was sitting atop of. "Ah, Natsu and Wendy. How goes the project?"

"That's what we wanted to talk to you about, Gramps."

"Hm?" Makarov stroked his mustache. "Did something go wrong with the doll?"

"Not exactly," Wendy said, looking down at the baby sleeping peacefully in her arms. She brought it closer to Makarov so that he could hear his soft breathing. "It came to life."

"It what?!" Makarov's shout alerted the entire guild hall and everyone formed a circle around the three.

"That's the doll from the other day, right?" Gray asked, rubbing the back of his head. "It's alive now? Man that's freaky..."

Erza slapped the back of Gray's head. "It is not freaky. It is precious." She oogled the baby, sighing dreamily.

"Um, ow?"

"Do you have any idea how this happened?" Makarov asked.

Wendy shook her head. "Not a clue."

"Quite a strange ordeal indeed." Makarov leaped off of the counter and started pacing around the room.

Natsu turned to face Makarov. "What should we do, Gramps?"

His pacing stopped a she turned to face Natsu. "Keep doing what you've been doing. Though, since it's alive now you have to be even more careful. Raise it as if it were yours and Wendy's very own child.