Chapter Nine: "The Indian Princess"

John Rolfe got to enjoy her new fame and popularity as she was invited to the best parties in the country and "became a household name". Portraits were made of her wearing traditional European clothing and she learnt how to speak fluent English. Pocahontas was forced to style her hair and makeup like an Englishwomen, forced to completely switch to their society, everyone now calling her "Rebecca Rolfe" instead of her real name.

Pocahontas handled her new duty as a 'diplomat' with grace and was representing her people, everyone in England calling her 'the Indian Princess'. She was very nice and polite to the people in England, and after meeting Queen Ann and King James their view on Indigenous peoples completely changed, seeing that the indiAns actually had souls and pushed for a more peaceful relationship with them. After a few months John Smith finally stopped by for a visit and by then Pocahontas had found out about all the lies he wrote about her and her village, but she thought he had died after being arrested for what he had done to the villages. Angry about how he created a fictional relationship where she was the only hope of having a human soul and the rest of them were all blood-thirsty savages. So angry, Pocahontas confronted him and told him off for lying about everything that happened, saying "Your countrymen will lie much."