Chapter 32

The day of the wedding was an earlystart. We rented cabins at the park; girls inone, guys in the other. I received thebiggest surprise of my life. Lyn showed up inher blush dress. I was a little frustrated thatshe showed up ready, in her dress with acurly up do, and more so of the fact thatshe was wearing so much make up that shewas three layers away from resembling acircus clown, though I tried not to let it getto me and remain grateful that she washere. Courtney wore her hair straight, AuntMeghan curled hers, and mine was done ina braided bun with two spiral curls droopingon both sides.When it came time to put on mydress, I struggled, and my girls struggled too.I couldn't see my feet, and they couldn't seehow the dress was going to cover all myassets. Once it was finally over my breasts,it wouldn't close in the back. Aunt Meghancame up with this idea to cover my backwith the silver scarfs, so very quickly, but still careful, she made a cute sparkly vestout of all three scarfs and I proudly wore itover my dress.We had a few extra minutes to killbefore we had to start walking, so I decidedto show my girls our proposal video. Wewent to karaoke at a restaurant in town andonce again, Christopher wowed me with hisvoice. He performed Jason Derulo's 'MarryMe' and then got down on one knee withthe biggest sterling silver diamond I haveever seen, and thus, the wedding planningbegan. This was a week or two after we'dasked our parents. I smiled wide as my girlslet out their 'awes.' Finally, after months of stressfulwedding planning and a very long, stressfulmorning, it was time to walk down the aisle.My girls went first, one at a time, in a singlefile line. Christopher forgot that he wassupposed to find boys to stand with them, so he only had a best man. We walkeddown to the traditional 'Wedding March.' Iclimbed down the steps of the cabin andlatched onto Uncle Russ's inner arm.I looked at the crowd, and thenwished I hadn't. There were a lot of peoplepresent. Despite my promise toChristopher's mom that we would have asmall wedding, I went a little overboard andinvited the whole school, my whole family,and Christopher's whole family. It appearedas though every one of them came.Christopher couldn't stop smiling atme, and I felt awkward standing there infront of everybody. My Pa started with theceremony, vows were exchanged, we kissed,and then we were Mr. and Mrs. We madeour way to the pavilion, and I started to getreally sharp pains in my stomach. I tried toignore them and have a good time.We got introduced as we walked upand went immediately into our first dance.We slow danced to the Journey song 'Don't Stop Believing' but my pain was gettingworse and more frequent, and about halfway through our dance, my eyes grew wideas I realized that my water broke.Everybody rushed to their cars andChristopher and I sped to the hospital, mescreaming in pain the whole way.Most of the school kids went home,but our families stayed in the waiting room,all anxious to meet baby Griffin. It was longand painful, and exciting all at once, andfinally, after long HE was here. He. It's a boy.He's a beautiful boy, but I noticedsomething off about him and hoped thatChristopher wouldn't notice during his skinto skin.After Christopher and I both finishedour skin to skin with baby boy, we invitedour families to join us. Everyone took turnsholding him. Lyn went last and when shetook one look at him, she laughed. "This baby looks exactly like-"I cut heroff by forcing myself up to steal my babyback from her. Once he was in my arms, Ifinished Lyn's sentence."William."