Chapter 1: Duckburg

Diane Duck, a young duck with a blue jacket, orange shirt, and matching orange backpack, stepped off the bus and onto the pier. Smiling to herself, she prepared herself for what was to come. She was going to go to the address she'd taken from her mom's little black book - and finally meet her father.

Taking a deep breath, she looked up at the pier. Wooden planks covered the area, with various ships parked around the dock, and a few sketchy looking fishing shops. Shrugging her backpack a little higher on her shoulders, she walked onward.

"Get ready dad," Diane said to herself, stepping onto the creaking wooden dock. She could feel excitement burst up through her as she approached the parked ships. Looking at the address on the paper, a penciled and faded thing that looked several years old. "I'm coming home."

As she walked down the dock, the others she passed by glanced at her, wondering if she was related to the famous Scrooge McDuck. After all, a duck who went into such a place like this was either crazy, stupidly brave, or was related to Scrooge McDuck. And she did have that little smile in the corner of her beak.

Afraid that she might be one of the McDuck's, the riffraff along the docks steered clear of Diane Duck. Meanwhile Diane was completely unaware of the effect she had on the area around her. She was completely and totally engulfed in her quest. Finding her father. The duck whose tie she kept with her and used to tie up her hair, whose picture she had in her backpack. The duck who, as her mother had suggested, didn't want her.

But Diane knew that wasn't the case. She just...knew it wasn't. I mean, who wouldn't want to have their daughter with them? Yes, Diane could be a handful, but she wasn't so bad that her dad didn't want her. At least she didn't think so.

"Lets see...Duckburg Marina, dock 15..." she looked up and followed the numbered docks to 15. Inside, she was freaking out with excitement. She was finally going to see her dad. At last. After all this time. When she got to dock 15...she felt a stab of doubt. What if her mom was right and her dad didn't want her? Shaking her head, she brushed the doubt away.

Marching out onto the dock, she looked left and right, wondering which boat was her dad's. Looking down at the page of paper, it listed the slip he had for his boat. 13. Looking up, she scanned the dock for a boat docked in space 13.

But...there was no boat there. Her heart sinking, Diane went over to the spot and sat down. It could be her dad had just....moved. I mean, it wasn't impossible for him to have moved. The address she had was pretty old. Sighing, she looked at the empty spot, so in shock she didn't even know how to feel.

"Excuse me," someone said from above. Blinking, Diane looked over at the voice, which belonged to a bearded pelican. He gave her a questioning look and waved at the empty boat space. "Were you looking for someone?"

"Y-yes," Diane said, standing up. She bit her tongue to keep herself from crying. This was not the time to get teary eyed. "I was looking for a Donald Duck?"

"Well, then," the man said, letting out a chuckle. "You must have just arrived then. Donald isn't here anymore."

"Oh..." Diane said, disappointed. She knew she should have looked him up on the internet. You could find virtually everyone online nowadays. Frowning down at her address, she crumpled it in her hand. The pelican cleared his throat again and Diane looked back up again.

"He's not too far away," the pelican said, pointing out to the city. She squinted and wondered where he was pointing. "He moved back in with his Uncle."

"Uncle...?" Diane asked, confused. The pelican gave her an odd look, and nodded.

"Scrooge McDuck..." He said, leaning forwards, he regarded her with a scrutinizing look. "You do know who that is, don't you."