~ ℕ𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝔹𝕆ℝ𝕊~

"now to add some garlic!" jin sings, twirling around with the cutting board in hand. most professional chefs choose not to cook for themselves, but jin was hungry, he was tired of cooking, but he was also tired of being hungry.

the sound of sizzling oil and music filled the room, and the delicious mouth- watering fragrance made jin's stomach rumble.

"almost done!" he sings again, garnishing the diced spring onions on the dish.

he heads to the sink to wash his hands. as he scrubbed in between his fingers, he gazed out the window, watching the leaves away gently, they were turning orange and slowly falling off the branches.

jin's head snaps to the abrupt sound that he just heard, sounding like someone screaming.

fear instantly captivates jin's face as he turns the faucet off and runs to the porch, drying his hands on his pants and grabbing the nearby knife for defense, searching for the source of the person who seemed to be screaming.

he pulls back the white lace curtains, wincing at the blaring orange sunset. he unlocks the door and slides it open, the fall breeze brushing his bangs back.

he steps out on the porch and glares at his neighbor, his hands on his hips.

his neighbor grunts again loudly, he was bench pressing, lifting the barbell and flexing his muscles. sweat ran down his tan skin, glistening in the sun. his eyes were shut tight, concentrating on lifting the barbell. his muscles seemed to twitch with each rep. faint music blasting from his airpods could be heard. the porches were very close to each other, jin could probably jump across.

oh no he's hot

to say that his neighbor was attractive would be an understatement, his neighbor was hot. his buff build is exactly jin's type. he composes himself, pulling his cardigan tighter.

"ahem."

the neighbor was holding the barbell at its full height, and jin's timing could not be any better. the neighbor jumps, dropping the barbell, yelping as it hit his chest.

he opens his eyes, lifting the barbell back to its place and rubs his chest, getting off the chair. he grabbed his towel and dabbed his forehead, staring at jin, who stood there with his mouth open, knife in hand.

"like what you see?" the neighbor asks

jin starts coughing uncontrollably, fanning his face before it turns red.

"oh my god, do you need water? i have a water bottle somewhere around here," the neighbor continues, turning around, glancing around his porch.

it's by your feet you dummy.

the neighbor steps forward, knocking down the water bottle, the sound of metal clanking on the wood.

"oh it was always here! ahh namjoon come on," he mutters, finally handing the bottle to jin, who was still coughing.

he takes the bottle, giving a kind glance to his neighbor and chugs the water.

"thank you," jin replies, handing it back.

"so... what brings you out here?"

jin's eyebrows raise in surprise as he remembers why he has stepped out in the first place.

"well- i was cooking and i just heard you yelling! or screaming! whatever you were doing, it was so loud and i had to see what it was."

"so you brought a knife?"

jin laughs embarrassingly, hiding it behind his back. "self defense?"

the neighbor laughs before glancing awkwardly to the side, shifting around, embarrassed.

"im sorry neighbor, i'll try to be quieter."

jin takes a look at him, eyeing him from his blonde hair pushed back by a black sweat band, to his black slides, unaware of his neighbor following his eyes.

"are you checking me out," he asks, smirking as he crosses his hands.

"what! no- no i was just- looking- i haven't seen you before- no," jin stammers, pausing when the neighbor starts to laugh.

"s'not funny," jin mumbles, also crossing his arms and pouts.

"aww you're kinda cute. i'm namjoon, this house is actually my friend's, but he's letting me stay here because my house is under construction."

"yoongi?"

"oh, you do know my friend, he told me that he used to eat dinner at his neighbor's house, said something about that i should get invited there so i don't starve on burnt ramen."

jin laughs, his squeaky sounding laugh causing namjoon to laugh as well.

"ahh min yoongi, he's a great guy, actually, he's dating one of my best friends so we've hung out before. he never mentioned you though."

"that's yoongi for you ain't it."

"it sure is."

a comfortable silence fills both porches as both males smile at each other.

"so, whatchu cooking?" namjoon asks, leaning forward and sniffling the air.

"wouldn't you like to know? how bout you come over for dinner? a friend of yoongi's is a friend of mine," jin replies.

"wait really! you would! oh my god thank you so much, i was debating whether to order out or just attempt to cook ramen."

jin laughs before heading to the door. "make sure you take a shower though, and wear some clean clothes and climb over the porch."

as he lifts his foot to enter the kitchen, namjoon calls for him to wait.

"wait! i didn't get your name."

jin smiles softly before replying, "names seokjin, but you can just call me jin."

he walks inside, not noticing how namjoon repeated his name softly, smiling as he grabbed his towel and water and headed back inside.

i was gonna put caps, but i didn't feel like it

this idea just came to me like... wow. my neighbor also bench presses and our decks are really close together, so it's like almost right next to us

but omg no- it's not at all like this one shot-

and then! this idea just came to me! originally i was gonna make it taekook, but then i'd have to make a whole another story for that, and that's a lot of work

so i just changed it, joon works out a lot and he's tHICC so it works