Epilogue

"Kabir Shah, one letter," the warden announced. He slipped a piece of paper through the prison bars.

Kabir Shah hungrily grabbed the paper. It had been a month since he was put in jail for physical assault on a domestic member, and he hadn't heard a single thing about what happened to Mythri. 

That day, after Mythri had left, he had painstakingly walked down the stairs, across the road, and collapsed next to Farhan and Hema's bodies -- which he watched for ten hours. Unblinking, steadfast, as the gloomy ocean swished over his knees. Unflinching and drifting out of consciousness, as the police officer found him at five on his daily rounds.

Unfortunately for Farhan and Hema, Kabir also had a head injury, in the same location as them. Kabir, realizing so, spun a story about thieves who had attacked all three of them on the shore. Being the only known witness with an alibi that matched, Kabir's words were taken with complete seriousness, though he had been sentenced to eight months for domestic abuse when Mythri filed a complaint after reaching her brother's house.

Surprisingly, he remembered everything that happened, despite being knocked nearly unconscious for hours. Kabir started reading the letter.

Hi Kabir,
I haven't looked better in the past year and my health is finally recovering. I hold my rightful money and have been reunited with my caring brother and a sweet sister-in-law. I am living life the way it used to be. The way it should be.
I hear you are in prison. I'm not coming back to you, and neither are you to me. I will always fondly remember the times before we moved to the coast, before you went into construction.
Anything after I choose to forget. I want nothing to do with you. Once I am in a better mental and physical state, I'm going to finish giving the police my testimony regarding Farhan and Hema's murders. 
Enjoy this prison sentence while it lasts. The next one is going to be hell.
Mythri

Kabir folded up the letter and tucked it safely into a corner of his room, wondering if he would ever see Mythri again, wondering if his construction job would ever be his, and most importantly, if life would go back to normal. But, he knew the truth. It wouldn't. Things would never be normal again.

He could do nothing but think of the times where he and Mythri were newlyweds, and when they loved each other so much they would never think of hurting each other. Where did it go wrong?

He knew the answer to that, too. It was him. And, as much as he wanted to remain blind to this fact, it was something he couldn't unsee.

Something no one could unsee. He was going to be tried for double homicide. He felt weak and powerless, reduced to nothing. Normally, he'd have turned to alcohol, but there was none here. There was only one way to get out of this predicament. 

He could make it a triple homicide.

Kabir was found dead in his cell by suicide the following morning.