chapter two

{M E L A N I E}

{M E L A N I E}

"Connor, you are so juvenile." I shoved him.

"Come on, Mel. Live a little." He smiled as we entered the cafeteria.

"I live plenty, I am by no means playing Fuck, Marry, Kill with my brother about the boys on his hockey team." I stated as I veered off toward our usual table and Connor went to the lunch line. "My brother is an animal."

"We're aware." Drew said.

"Why now?" Brooke asked.

"He was asking me to play Fuck, Marry, Kill." I said. "With your teammates."

"Nice." Clay said.

"Ew!" Brooke said.

"How am I supposed to tell my brother that I'd screw his teammates?" I shuddered.

"Woah-woah-woah, which teammates?" Clay asked.

"Well," I leaned over the table to get closer to him. "If someone gave me the option of Clayton Hughes in Fuck, Marry, Kill..." I paused and grabbed his chin, inches from his face. "I'd choose kill every time."

"Cold." Clay said, sitting back in his seat.

"What'd I miss?" Connor asked as he sat down.

"Clay's trying to bang your sister." Drew said.

"Oh, ew!" I exclaimed.

"Can we refrain from putting 'bang' and 'my sister' in the same sentence?" Connor said before looking to Clay. "And I will castrate you, Hughes."

"You don't scare me, Z."

"Ew, is this what it was like for our parents?" Brooke asked.

"Way less twins but yeah, pretty similar from what I've heard from my mom." Drew said.

"Mommy's boy strikes again." Clay said.

"Would you can it, Clag? Boys who have a good relationship with their mother are wildly attractive to women, because they know how to treat a woman." I said. "Maybe if you spent a little more time having coffee with your mom on Sunday mornings instead of hungover on your basement floor with my brother you wouldn't be single right now?"

"Excuse me, but your knight in shining armor happens to be single as well. Isn't that right Andrew?" Jacob said.

"I am." Drew smiled.

"By choice! Just last week Jenny Wheeler was practically begging him to ask her out in gym." I defended. "How about you Clay, last time a girl asked you out?"

"Shove it, Mel. I don't see anyone banging down your door. Wanna know how I know? Cause you live in my house." Clay retaliated.

"It appears we've wounded his ego." I said mockingly to the rest of the table. "All in good fun Clayton."