Curiosity be damned

A/N Hey everybody. I know I said this was going to be the last chapter but its gotten pretty long so I've decided to make it into 2 beefy boys. Hope you enjoy! ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Waking slowly, without any alarms, or jumping awake from nightmares is an experience I don't get often. But waking to someone standing over you, that's happened more than recommended for someone's heart health. I had already flung myself to the other side of the room before I'd even registered that it was just Alice, that Jasper was also leaning against the open doorway, and that I was currently about to hurl a lamp at them. Standing from my defensive position I quickly composed myself as I plugged the lamp back in and registered what time it was.

"I've been asleep for 8 hours?"

"Yes. We heard you starting to wake up a few minutes ago and came up to see if you wanted anything." Why was Alice so characteristically nice? And creepy? At the same time, all the time?

"I think I'm fine. Probably just a little hungry again but it's fine-" My stomach decided to interrupt me.

"I think someone disagrees." Jasper is making a joke... and smirking. I've awoken in an alternate dimension. And then he did some weird double-take at me before walking out without another word. I became very worried that I had drool all over me or something but a quick swipe at my face discarded that assumption. And there was nothing on my clothes and I hadn't kicked any pieces off in my sleep. I've done that before during my nightmares and it is terrifying waking up and realizing you've thrashed a shirt off or something.

"Sorry about sleeping in your bed. I just kinda, really, wanted to." I slapped on a sheepish smile as I realized I had literally just passed out without asking if I could take over their bedroom for 8 hours.

"Oh, it's totally okay Lily. You seemed exhausted anyway. But why don't you come downstairs and eat? Esme's been practicing all day to pass time. Oh and here's your phone. You forgot it downstairs so I went ahead and charged it for you." Alice threw me a large grin before handing me the phone and turning to lead the way downstairs before I could even say thanks. I quickly checked my phone on the way downstairs and responded to Mom, letting her know I was back home. And then I smelled the pizza.

Rounding the corner to the kitchen, I found Esme and Emmett cleaning up a mess of flour from what looked like a food fight. I sat at the only clean stool left around the island.

"So who won?" My question invoked lots of shushing from Emmett and a smirk from Esme. I smirked at her return, congratulating her victory. They finished cleaning and went to change while I watched the cooking pizza in the oven like I was possessed by it.

Esme made sure to shoo me away when she came back and told me to wait in the living room with everyone else. I walked in and was relieved to see an unoccupied armchair. Quickly sitting down I surveyed the room out of habit and saw Carlise, Rosalie, and Emmett all looking at me, well I guess the clothes I was wearing would be more accurate. Did I get flour on them? The black zip-up hoodie and black joggers were just a clean as when I put them on. I even checked the grey v-neck underneath to see if I got any on there, even checked the sleeves, just in case they had x-ray vision but nope, nothing there either. Everyone was acting normal by the time I finished my investigating and I was to tired chalk it up to anything more than them all being weirdos. Esme came in with a piece of pizza and water and I thanked her before being, once again, surprised by her ability to cook without being able to taste anything.

Once I finished eating there was a natural pause that occurred as a few conversations winded down and I took my chance to test my theory from earlier.

"Hey, quick question, are there sheet lines on my face? It feels a little weird on this side." Bait cast.

A chorus of no's along with a few chuckles sounded throughout the room, but before I could breathe a sigh of relief, I realized that both Jasper and Carlise were looking at me strangely. Jasper began to blink rapidly while Carlise got up and slowly approached me.