Chapter 42

Belle Fawn

For the past two weeks work has been more than a lot. My parents have been hounding me more about doing better and making sure I'm paying attention. Meanwhile I'm sure they don't realize they never even told me happy birthday. This past week Liam and I haven't spent much time together since his house. I didn't know what to make of it so I just thought he was too busy with the business.

He's mostly been with Mads as well, who I've seen more in these past two weeks than I have since I started working here, a month ago. Every time I did see them together it hurt, it was like when the two of us were in one room, she was the star. Not that I wanted the attention like that, it would just still be nice for your dominant to give you attention instead of another. But, I've also been taking Derek's advice and sparing a certain someone second glances.

Nathan.

We've been hanging out a ton these past couple days as Liam would often have lunch with Mads. Or be too busy with her to want to plan anything with me. So I thought why not, which was for my feelings; not a good thing. Every day we had spent together, I harvested more feelings for him. And each moment we spent together was just excruciating.

As we would have these moments that made me want to say screw it all and kiss him.

"Sam totally misses you." he said with a smile, his hand touching my lower back as we walked into the elevator.

"Tell him I miss him too." I pressed floor eight watching the elevator doors close with a hard click.

Nathan swiftly turned so he was in front of me, his dark brown orbs catching mine. He placed his hands on my hips gently, backing me up against the wall. My heart beat increased and I licked my lips nervously. One of his hands came up to my cheek, his thumb softly brushing against it. I shut my eyes and sighed in content. 

"You know that's code for, I miss you right?" he asked, making me open my eyes.

His orbs caught my lips, "You don't know how bad I want to kiss you." he mumbled, moving his thumb down to skim across my lips gently, "Can I kiss you Belle?"

His eyes were swirling with emotion and I felt myself panting, "Nathan." I gulped nervously, shaking my head, "I'm with Li-"

"Shh, it's just us, what do you want beautiful?" I clutched the folders I had in my arms tighter.

I wanted him to kiss me but, all I could think about was Liam. He leaned down a bit, cautiously until eventually his lips hovered over mine. My eyes slowly shut and I couldn't stop myself from breathing so hard. His lips merely brushed against mine and I jumped away when the ding of the elevator sounded throughout the walls. He sighed to himself, turning away to face the now open doors.

"I'll see you later.." he trailed off, not meeting my eyes as I walked out, hearing the doors shut behind me.

"Liam needs a coffee." I looked up when an all now too familiar feminine voice met my ears.

Mads was eyeing me, her lips curled up into a smile that wasn't so nice, "Okay." I stated, still too flustered by what happened to even think about a coffee.

"I'll take these." she walked towards me to get the folders but, I held them closer to my chest.

"I can take them." I smiled, even if Liam and I weren't communicating much, I still liked to see him.

But, my gut was also swirling with adrenaline at the event that almost took place in the elevator. I couldn't believe we got so close and I almost just let him kiss me. I couldn't though, it wouldn't be fair to Liam, I can't do that to him. So I needed to see him to refresh how I feel, this would work. It would remind me that I'm his and that I shouldn't let that happen again.