The Issue.

Remus was sat on the window sill of the Gryffindor common room, reading a book. The early morning sunrise filtered into the room brightly.

The only people awake were him and a few second years, who were catching up on homework.

When Remus had woken up that morning, he noticed Sirius wasn't in bed. It was unusual for Sirius to get up early for anything other than food, so he assumed he must have been with some girlfriend.

The thought filled him with a strange bitterness. Something Remus had always refused to admit to himself was his feelings for Sirius. So he decided to sit and read for a while, try to take his mind off it. Except now, thinking back to the morning's events, he realised he may have fallen for Black. What else could have caused his jealousy?

Remus looked back at his book, attempting to pay attention rather than keep reading the same sentence for the third time, but a loud slam of the portrait hole made his head snap up.

A slightly exasperated Sirius walked in and sat on an armchair opposite Remus. His head fell into his hands and he sighed. "I can't escape them, Moony!"

"Escape who?"

Sirius looked up at him with a confused face, as if it couldn't have been more obvious. "The girls."

Remus raised his eyebrows.

"Wherever I go there's this bunch of fifth years tailing me- only when I'm alone, of course- and I can't seem to escape them."

"I'm sorry, but what is so bad about loads of girls finding you attractive?"

"They won't stop asking me out! I mean yeah, sure, it was fun at first. I didn't have to worry about finding a date and could always guarantee a quick snog-"

"Lovely."

Sirius glared at Remus who chuckled.

"But... now I tell them I'm not interested and they don't listen."

"It's your own fault for using them then, isn't it?"

"Oh shush. They chase me around the halls for Merlin's sake! I only just got away." Sirius loosened his tie.

"Well, you're quite the ladies man, Black." Remus returned back to his book, slightly amused at his friend's distress, slightly bitter again.

Serves him right, kissing all those girls.

"I just don't know what to do."

The jealousy spiked in Remus as he looked back up at Sirius. His hair was in a loose bun, curls of black tumbling messily out. His shirt sleeves were rolled up, showing a tattoo. One that Remus had never noticed before: A Waxing Gibbous moon. It was just below his elbow, on the inside of his arm.

He chuckled at how Sirius the tattoo was. The boy had always loved the moon, only when it wasn't full though. Remus had obviously rubbed that off on him.

(Sirius noticed Remus staring at his moon tattoo. He was surprised that Remus hadn't seen it before, after all, he did spend half his time shirtless and wandering around the dorm. Sirius forgot about the girls and smiled for a moment. The only reason he'd gotten the tattoo was for Moony. It changed with each moon phase, that way he could always be on top of Remus' moods and be waiting with a handful of chocolate after a hard day.)

Remus sighed. And then as he met Sirius' eyes, he cursed at how unbelievably gorgeous he was."Just figure out a way to make them leave you alone."

Sirius groaned. "Oh come on, Moony! Get your head out of that book and actually help me."

"I'm sorry Sirius, but I can't help you. I have other things to set my mind on. Real issues, mate." Remus got up and walked towards the stairs. The sharpness in his voice had shocked both him and Sirius. He hated the full moon arriving; heightening all his senses. Especially when it made him cold towards Sirius.