The Compliment.

Sirius had never felt so strange. The kiss with Remus had left a weird tingling sensation all over his body  and the reminder it was fake made sadness creep into his smile

It was hard. Remus just looked so good today. His maroon sweater (which was getting a little too small for him) hugged him perfectly, and the beanie on his head let a couple of honey-coloured curls fall onto his face. Remus' scarred hands rested on the table, one clutching a mug of hot chocolate.

The thought of his soft lips took over his mind again and Sirius found himself staring at them as Remus took another sip of his drink.

Sirius, who was the dumbest person ever, didn't even think to make the staring discreet.

(Remus stopped his arm halfway in the air. He was about to finish his drink and was trying desperately to concentrate on anything other than Sirius. But the feeling of Sirius' eyes locked on his face made it impossible to ignore the boy. )

"What are you doing?" He moved his gaze over to Sirius, smiling awkwardly.

"Am I not allowed to look at you now?" he said defensively.

"You are... just you never usually pay this much attention to me when you do..."

Sirius smiled and rolled his eyes. "Well, you look good today, Moons. Sorry if I can't take my eyes off you but as your fake boyfriend, I see it as my job to appreciate your beauty." He added a jokey tone to his voice at the last couple of words but they made Remus' smile grow even wider.

"My... beauty?"

Sirius' jokey expression faded, replaced by one that looked like an embarrassing panic. "Oh. Well...I...Er-"

"Do you think I'm beautiful, Sirius Black?" Remus raised his eyebrows and moved closer, his voice now being the one laced with jest. He'd never seen Sirius this flustered and it was entertaining to watch.

Sirius was looking down into his lap, fiddling with his hands. Of course, Sirius wouldn't actually think you are beautiful, that's why he's acting so strange about it. Why would someone as wonderful as him ever think I was- "Yes," he said, finally looking up.

Remus eyes involuntarily grew wide. "What?"

Sirius flushed red but dragged his eyes up to meet Remus'. "I do think you're beautiful."

"Very funny," Remus chuckled, turning away from him.

Sirius put his hand on Remus' shoulder. "No... I really do Moony. I think you're ridiculously beautiful."