CH 16 Diners & Daters

Interior. Melody Diner

Austin, Ally,Kenzie, and Dez are sitting at a booth at The Melody Diner restaurant with menus.

Austin: Where's Trish? How long does it take to walk across the mall?

Dez: I'm starving. What kind of waitress takes twenty minutes to get to a table?

Trish: (walks to the table) Guess who got a job at The Melody Diner?

Kenzie: That kind of waitress...

Trish: So, what do you want to eat?

Austin: I thought you were supposed to sing to the customers here.

Trish: Yeah, we're supposed to. But the manager's not looking so who cares?

Ally: Wait, Mindy's your manager?

Mindy takes a customer's menu and throws it down on the ground angrily and starts walking over to where Team Austin is, though Trish doesn't notice.

Trish: She's the worst. She's always looking over my shoulder, bossing me around, she drives me nuts. (looks behind at Mindy) ♫ -are in the brownies, so save them for dessert! ♫ (looks behind) Hey, Mindy.

Mindy: I hope you're giving this table your best service because it's got my favorite customer. (to Dez) I'm talking about you, Dezzy-cakes.

Dez: I know you have a crush on me, Mindy but I'm better at long distance relationships. Maybe you should go stand over there. Or in Alaska?

Mindy: You're so cute when you joke around. You were joking, right?!

Dez: Yeah, totally. (laughs and gestures for Austin,Kenzie, and Ally to laugh along too)

Trish: So can I take your order now?

Austin: Can we get a new waitress?

Trish: Why? 'Cause I'm not singing?

Austin: No, I want her to be my waitress.

Austin points to a girl working behind the counter.

Austin: Trish, who is that?

Trish: That's Cassidy. She's, like, our best singing waitress. Hey, Cassidy! Come over here and tell 'em the specials!

Cassidy: ♫ Now the soup of the day is cream of spinach but hold on 'cause I ain't finished. I can sing a ballad about our crab salad. ♫

Austin: I'll have crab salad! You have a great voice. I sing too. I'm Austin Moon.

Dez: He's an internet sensation. He's sort of a big deal.

Trish: This is his friend, Dez. He's not a big deal.

Ally: I'm Ally; I don't know what my deal is.

Kenzie: and I'm Kenzie I sing, write songs, and Dance

Cassidy: Well, it's great to meet you Ally, Big Deal, Not a Big Deal. (walks away)

Austin: I'm totally gonna ask her out.

Kenzie: Let's order first. You'll have a better shot on a full stomach.

Trish: Whatever you do, don't order the chips and salsa.

Dez: Why? I want chips and salsa!

Mindy: Did somebody say salsa? R-r-r-r-ra! Salsa!

Salsa music starts to play and Mindy drags Dez out of the booth to dance with him. Meanwhile, the other waiters and waitresses start to salsa dance as well.