Chapter 13

Sorry for the wait but I'm back at school now (eugggghhh)

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this chapter so I really hope you guys enjoy because now the real shit is beginning to go down. As usual, thank you so much for the votes and ESPECIALLY THE COMMENTS!! I really cannot express quite how much I love reading them (I know I say this on every one of these little random thingymabobs)

Also, thank you for reading this little ramble because I know just how weird these things are but I quite enjoy writing them myself.

So yeah, without further ado, I present to you...CHAPTER 13 and a whole lot of action! PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT:)))

I feel horrendous; the guilt literally rips through my flesh. I can barely look. But what other choice was there? War or Ana?

So there is my sister is; chained to the bedpost like a wild animal and so blissfully submerged under the influence of sedation. Is this wrong of Gray and I? Are we not saving her from herself? I'm sure if she were awake then she would make a crafted argument that would result in my loss of debate and of her. That is why I'm so afraid. I know that I am too weak to have my twin tell me that she is hurting. This way, she cannot.

I am a despicable human being I know.

Gray has left for work, relinquishing me to guard and tend to the unconcious Ana. Depressing as it is to watch my sister thrash around in her wretched and abhorrent coma, there is nothing that I can do. I cannot free nor release her of her dreams because reality would only become her worst nightmare. There is no solice in the company of another either. Gray has finally been convinced that I will not try and escape anymore and has taken simple precautions of placing guards on every single entrance to the cave and a panic button for me to carry about on my person. I still hope for a surprise visit from a member of either my family or Grayson's. But then again, I guess his family is now mine.

I have a wedding document to prove it.

From last nights conversation with Gray, I understand that the situation is not as daunting as it may have seemed. The impending war that Ollie described to Ana a few days ago, Grayson calls an empty threat. But for some reason that just doesn't seem correct. If that is the case, why is Ana under sedation and why have the security measures been quadrupled? Admittedly, I wasn't supposed to eavesdrop on Gray's phonecall but my curiousity got the better of me. According to him, they are merely 'precautionary protection measures'. A kiss on the cheek and that was the end of the discussion.

Deciding that watching Ana thrash around in her bed for another minute is too heinous for me to contemplate, I loll down to the kitchen. The pure water from the springs of the mountain helps to clear my head and has me thinking just how stuffy and humid Ana's designated room is. Perhaps I should ask Olivia to do something about it.

The sound of the door opening and the roaring wind echoing around the cave causes me to jump up from the kitchen stool. Have my family finally decided that enough distance has been kept? Or maybe Gray has come back earlier than normal. I sigh to myself. Despite my desperation for it to be the latter, I know that Grayson's 'work-aholic' persona will never cause him to take a day off...especially now.

Every hair on my arms stand to attention as I hear the footsteps draw closer.