|fourteen|

وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ أُولَـٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْجَنَّةِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ
And those who believe and do good works: such are rightful owners of the Garden. They will abide therein
[Al-Baqara - 2:82]

"WHITE ROSES"

Aleena and Haaris went for dinner that same evening in celebration of the news that they had received earlier.

The entire ride back home was hollow like a shell. No one spoke. No one had words in their memory.
They just looked at the road ahead of them, wanting to say so much yet the silence said everything that they were bursting to say. Each of them had a grin on their face.

Finally Aleena broke the silence, in a very high pitched and excited broach.

"Can you believe this Haaris! We will extend to a family of 4 in just a few months! I couldn't thank God enough for one itself, and now two?! Alhumdullilah!! Oh how busy the house will be, so untidy, full of cries. I can't wait!!"

"I'm just frightened by the thought of it! We won't get sleep Aleena! Our clothes will be full of throw ups, and don't you dare make me change any diapers!" he said laughing.

"Oh Haaris, how will I ever make you do that! Its my duty. They will be so loved!!"

"Alhumdullilah. Alhumdulillah. Alhumdulillah."

The last portion of the ride passed in such outbursts, each giving the other even more exhilaration by the minute. They were only concerned about their children's upbringing and closeness to God. Finance was not a matter which they were perturbed about, they were well-off financially.

However, even if they resided under a shackled roof with these blessings, they still would have a lot to be thankful for. Their mindset only allowed in good, no worldly problems could ever make them frown.

They had a romantic evening, dining with Chinese cuisine. They talked and laughed until they couldn't no more.

They spoke about the names once again, about clothes, their school, their graduation and even went on to talk about being grandparents! They planned their entire life in just those few hours, excitedly jumping from one topic to the next. It continued until the night, the next day, the next week. Their eagerness was hanging off a cliff.

Months passed within seconds, and Aleena got heavier by the minute. She was glowing, only because her dreams were approaching each day. They both got busy in preparation. The baby room was already set up.

Aleena took weeks planning how it should be laid out, and Haaris started building the room according to her instructions.

The baby room was a bright white, with windows on opposite sides of the walls. The wooden white cribs lay next to the windows overlaid by light blue curtains on one side, and soft pink on the other. The middle wall was made into a closet stretching from either side of the walls.

The boy's side was decorated with blue paintings, teddy bears, cars and blue sheets. And the girls side was, well, girly pink and more stuffed bears.

Ceilings were covered with glowing stars and corresponding hanging nets. The carpet was fluffy beige which gave it a more homey feeling. There was space on the other side of the room for their tables, but that wasn't needed at the time.

Haaris was watching Aleena dust the cribs and empty closets. He kept staring at her and went into a world of imagination. How was his love for her? Or actually, how deep? Did he fall in love with her? No that's too small of a world, it doesn't fit to describe it. What he felt was something which was just created for her, his heart was made into her home since his existence. God made him feel it, so simply, yet so deeply.

It was a love deeper than the seas, runs further than the seven heavens, and everything before and beyond it. Every atom in this universe, every blood cell, every fibre, every shine from the stars of every planet of every galaxy, every speck of dust, every drop of water, every flame of fire, every emotion, every being, every life source, every force to exist until the last day.
Take this and multiply it by tens by thousands by millions by billions by infinity.
He loved her MORE than that.

"Aleena."

"Yes."

"I just wanted to say something."

"Is everything okay?"

"I hope you know that every time I tell you to come home safe, stay warm, have a good day or sleep well, its my way of saying that I love you. So much that its starting to steal other words meaning."

She blushed. Again, lost at words.

Some days passed and it was time to finally go for baby shopping, the one task that Aleena was so thrilled to get started on. She couldn't walk much, her 6 month belly wouldn't allow her. They wanted to shop without any extra hassle.

She saw tiny clothes and lost her mind. She picked everything! Haaris just laughed, probably at his wallet, but Aleena's happiness was worth it.

"This vase is so beautiful, we could put it in the baby's room," she said.

"It is really pretty," he agreed.

They shopped until the afternoon, then sat down for lunch and well, started shopping again. Haaris was like the shopping trolley, with so many shopping bags on his arms.

"Could you please hold my purse Haaris?" she asked whilst her gaze fell on a beautiful white frock.

"Sure, do you want me to pick you up as well?" he asked miserably.

They had a laugh then continued.

They finally had all that they wanted, Aleena was too tired to stand any longer and went to go sit in the car on the other side of the street, whilst Haaris payed off the last amount at the counter.

Haaris came out and started walking towards her, when her gaze fell on a beautiful bouquet of white roses across the street, her favorites. She got out and motioned to Haaris that she will quickly go purchase the flowers from the street vendor. His signal approved.

She happily walked across the street, eyes locked on the roses. She couldn't see the bus coming right at her.

Haaris watched in horror from half a mile away, his mind unable to correspond, helpless.

"Aleena, MOVE!!" he screamed so loud that people started to look in his direction.

He started running now.

"ALEENA!!!"

Aleena turned to look at him, smiling.

But from the corner of her eye, she saw flashing white lights, and thunderous honks piercing the air.

And she froze.