||Chapter 4|| Running

||y/n pov||

"Yeah, I didn't think anyone was gonna leave, but I hoped a few would duck out at least." Leorio says.

Suddenly as were walking the examiner in the purple suit started going faster.

"Woah, what?" Gon Says. "I think the people up front are going faster." "It's because he's picking up pace." Says kurapika.

"How rude of me, I neglected to introduce myself. I am satoz, your examiner for the first phase of the exam. It's my responsibility to lead you to the second phase."
"What happend to the first?" Says someone who name was..... Hanzo? "It is already underway."

"The first phase is quite simple, all you have to do is follow me to the second phase."

"This exam is weird.." says gon. "Sounds like a basic endurance test to me! Thats right up my ally!" Says leorio. "Keep running pal! I'm right behind ya!"

||Kurapikas pov||

Not knowing how far we have to run is mentally stressful.... to say nothing of the physical strain. This is a test of our mental fortitude as well.

||y/n pov||

It's been 2 hours, and people all around us have started to drop like flys.

As were running leorio screams at a kid around my age. He was rideing a skateboard. "Hey kid! Why don't you show a little respect for the exam!" Yelled leorio. "What do you mean?" He responded. "It means get off that skateboard of yours! This is a test of endurance!" "No it's not leorio! The examiner only asked us to follow him!" Says gon. The kid on the skateboard slows down to us and starts talking. "How old are you?" He asked me and gon. "I'm gon and this is y/n! Were both 12!" Says gon smiling at the white haired kid. "Oh, I'm killua. I might as well walk with you guys." He then shows off by doing a trick off his skateboard. "Wow! Can you teach me that?" Me and gon say. "Yeah, only if you teach me how to use that fishing rod!" Killua grins.

||time skip||
As gon killua and I are running, our friend leorio slows down a lot, and then he just stops. He drops his suitcase, panting. Gon stops running along with me and killua. "Come on gon, forget about him!" Says killua. Gon just stays there until leorio jumps up and starts running. "I have to become a hunter!!!" Me and gon just laugh, and then gon uses his fishing rod to get leorios suitcase. Me and killua stare of amazement.

||time skip||
We made it to the end. Satoz said that he's gonna go faster. As killua, gon and I run up the steps killua speaks up. "Hey, how about we race to see who can get to the end quickest!" "Sure! But the loser has to bye dinner!" Says gon. "3, 2 , 1, go!" We run as fast as we can and when killua passes by leorio he yelled "bye old man!" "I'm not old! Can't you tell I'm a teenager just like you!?" Everyone was shocked.

We keep running when killua starts to talk. "I can't believe you guys can really keep up with me." "Really?!" Me and gon both said. "Hey killua, why do you wanna become a hunter?" Gon ask. "Me? Who said I wanna become a hunter. Gons jaw drops to the floor. "I heard the exam was supposed to be really hard, so I came here cause I was bored." "Why did you come here gon?" Killua ask. "Well because my dad is a hunter and I want to know why he left me to become a hunter! I want to be a hunter just like him!" "Do you even know what type of hunter your dad is?" Killua and me ask. "Nope!" Killua looked confused. "Why do you wanna become a hunter y/n?" They both ask me. "Well it's kinda like killuas reason. I mean being a hunter would be cool but my brother told me to get the hunters license." I said. Killua blushes at the mention of his name, but no one seemed to notice.

We keep running until we see the end. We go as fast as we can.

"Let's see how many applicants made it this far..." satoz says. He reaches the end and turns around, only to be greeted by us. "Goal!!" We yell at the same time. "I won!" Gon Says. "No I won!" Says killua. They both argue until gon asked satoz. "I believe you all passed simutansly." He responds. "Ok then, I'll buy y/n dinner, y/n will buy killua dinner, and killua will buy me dinner." Gon Says. "Thanks gon!" I say. I hug him and then killua. They both blush.

838 words
I'm trying to get in to the x reader part thing haha. Anyway I hoped you enjoyed.

See ya!~
~Author-Chan