Chapter 1-The Game

Kenma's pov:
I wipe my forehead tired from hell we call practice. I pick up my water bottle and towel placing it across my neck as I take a drink from my bottle.
"Oy Kenma! Are you free to toss for me? I want to try a new move!"
I turn my eyes to the tall black hair player smirking at me,
"No."
I stated sighing, I try to walk out but a hand stops me on my shoulder.
"Aww please? Just a few sets,"

"No, I have to go get something anyways, so if you would please take your hand off of me."
"Just a few tosses pleaseeee. I wanted to try this out since last week."
Kuroo pleaded as he shakes my shoulder slightly.
"Why didn't you ask last week since I was you know IN THE GYM FOR 2 HOURS!!"
I yelled angrily.
He steps back removing his hand from my shoulder scared,
"Uhhh...why were you in the gym after school for 2 hours anyways?"
I look at him my temper rising,
"Because you took my switch that day and told me you will only give it back if I set for you after school! I EVEN TEXTED YOU AND YOU TOLD ME TO WAIT!!!"
I practically screamed at him,
He looks at ne dumb founded till a hit of realization hits him, he smiles apologetically,
"Oh yeah...sorry...But please! We have a big match coming up and I really want to have this down by then so please!"
I grumbled at him rolling my eyes.

"Not know Kuroo, I have to go somewhere anyways and I'm going to be late if I don't leave this instant so get off."
"Kenma please just 5 minutes...that's all I ask you just 5 minutes."
I turn my head to the clock by the door and then at Kuroo and then at the clock again checking the time before releasing a sigh and looking back at him,
"5 minutes...?"
His mouth turns to that annoying smile,
"Yes just 5 minutes please."
I nod my head placing my bottle and towel by the bench walking towards the net. Leaving a surprised nerd by the benches,
"Are you gonna spend the 5 minutes just standing there or are we gonna use them to practice?"
I said snapping him back to reality as he runs over to get the ball tossing it towards me.
I looked at him confused he didn't tell me the type of play he's going for nor getting ready to spike, I jump up still watching for any movement from him but none expect for his eyes.....you got to be kidding me...
I set behind me almost holding the ball instead and watch Kuroo run from the middle and then swiftly move his body to the left side of the net behind me, he attempts to hit the ball but on glazed it with his finger tips...too long. He falls down while I stand up straight slightly pissed.
"Why didn't you tell me you were doing that?"
"Uhh element of surprise? But how cool would that be though? Like if we do a fake out or something?"
He stands up getting the ball then walks back towards me,
"So your trying to be fast like Shoyo? You don't have as half stamina than he has to pull that off during a real match."
He looks at me offended,
"I'm not trying to be like him besides that kid can't even stand in one place....Besides we need to try something new since we have lev now. As much you hate to admit it but he has height which means he would be easily targeted and more attention shifts to him....you get what I'm trying to get here?"
I nod getting the idea,
"Basically he's the decoy sure but why do I need to set behind me? They can react easily and move to the back-"
"That's why your going to set all the way to the left or right only leaving a person's width right behind you, giving me or someone else room to spike right next to you."
I looked at him, disbelief in what he just said.
"That's not gonna work, your one not that fast enough and two no one is gonna fall for it."
He looks at me smirking,
"Really? Then... HEY BOYS! GET ON COURT I WANNA TRY SOMETHING!"
Kuroo yells at the other's, everyone nodding and walking to the net as Kuroo asks them to block or ready to receive while Lev and 2 of our 1st years into our team.
The match starts as we are given the ball to set, I hear the whistle blow and seconds later a ball floats above me, barley making it over the net to the other side. They receive the ball hitting it over to our side in which we quickly hit it up heading towards me to set, I looked down to see Kuroo nod and Lev waiting for me, I stepped up leaving enough room for Kuroo to step behind me. I quickly nodded at Lev signaling Kuroo to run behind me.
As soon as I jump up Lev runs up to net Kuroo running behind him using him as a block. The other side jumps up blocking Lev not seeing Kuroo behind me, I slightly touch the ball towards Kuroo making sure I don't set it to long.
Not a second later Kuroo slams the ball down to the other side leaving no room for any other reaction, earning us a point....it actually worked?