Chapter 2-New surroundings

Kenma's pov:
"Ugh my head...where am I?"
I open my eyes to only see pitch black, I move my hands feeling the ground...grass and dirt?
I try to stand up to only fall back down, I groan in pain as I land on my chest knocking the air out of me.
I try again succeeding this time, I move my hands in front of ny eyes...I don't feel anything...yet I don't see my hand....HAVE I GONE BLIND!
I move my arms in front of me trying to prevent myself from knocking into something, after a few minutes of walking around aimlessly I start to hear voices. I turn my direction to the voices walking closer and closer to it.
"Are you sure we have enough? We just got raided and we already have a lot of sick and injured people here-wait."
The voices stop and hear footsteps coming near me,
"Urm...hello? I can't-"
In a instant I was taken down a sharp object placed on my neck,
THE FUCK!
"State your reason!"
"What?"
"State your reason why your here? Who are you?"
"I don't know! I don't even know where I am! I can't even see!"
I hear a soft whisper coming from the two people, after a minute they automatically got off me helping me back up and started to help me walk.
"What was that?"
Neither of them answering my question, making me on edge.
After walking for a while I start to hear more voices, making me feel even more uncomfortable.
Finally after a long walk I was seated and another voice comes in,
"Hello-oh who's this boy? I haven't seen him before in the village?"
"Yeah we haven't seen him before either, but he doesn't look like the part of the scavengers....he claims he can't see and we tested it out by pointing a gun and then a knife close to his eyes but no reaction, the only reactions we had were when we touched him."
The girl who I assume is the nurse walks over to me placing her hands on my eyes wiping it.
She softly hums leaving my side, leaving me awkwardly siting. After a few more minuted of waiting I hear her walk back and open something, I hold my hand in front of my eyes.
"Wait hold up what are you doing!"
"I'm going to place an ointment on your eyes, it should help you to see."
I still stayed put not wanting to put my arms back down.
"I won't hurt you trust me..."
She said with a soft voice. Taking a deep breath I put my arms down,
"Ok...I trust you..."
She hums and starts placing the ointment on my eyes. In an instant my vision start to come back, still blurry but I can make out colors and shapes.
Suddenly my eyes start to feel painful as if someone was pointing my eyes with a needle multiple times. The nurse sees this and places something on my eyes. Calming my eyes,
"Sorry. Your eyes might hurt since the ointment can sting your eyes sometimes and it might be the sudden light on your eyes."
I nod, she leaves my side and hear all of the doors and windows slam shut making me nervous again, she walks back to me and slowly takes it off of me before saying,
"Open your eyes very slowly."
I follow her instructions and open my eyes very slowly, she picks up a cloth and wipe my eyes as I continue to open them fully. My vision start to become less blurry. I look over to my side to see....not a Japanese person...
"Who are you?"
The nurse chuckles,
"I'm one of the nurses of our villages. But same question for you...who are you?"
"Urm I'm from Japan?"
She looks at me confused,
"Japan? What's that? I haven't heard that village before....are you from a different region?"
I shake my head confused, I look around actually taking in my surroundings. Everything looks like it was from the past, nothing looked like it was from the 2000's.
I try to stand up but to only be seated back down,
"Hold on I still don't want you walking around yet, your eyes are still healing."
"But I need to go now, somethings going on and I need to leave."
I walk to the door to only be stopped by the nurse again,
"I can't let you leave yet, besides you were found in the woods alone with no one around you, blind, and defenseless!"
By my self? I thought I was with someone.....
*BLANG! BLANG! BLANG!*
"What the-"
"Oh no!"
The nurse opens the door screaming at everyone near by to come in. I stand there confused as more and more people come in, as light enters with panicked people rushing in I see people with very different clothing than me. As more and more people come in they ran around locking the doors and windows, before shutting the main door.
They then suddenly looked at me, making me nervous I flip my hoodie back onto my head. Suddenly they started to voice their opinion on me very loudly.
"Whose that?"
"Is he part of the raiders?"
"Maybe he's trying to steal from us!"
"He might be the reason why they ate here!"
"Yeah maybe he's a spy!"
They suddenly looked back at me like if I was a killer. Then a man grabs me kicking the door open as the nurse tries to stop him.
"STOP! HE'S JUST A KID STOP! NO-"
*SLAM*
I stayed in front of the doors shocked they just kicked me out....I hear more screaming down the path, I look up to see people on horses and on foot running towards me. Panicking I picked my self up and started to run away, turning past different houses and wooded buildings trying to loose them.
I run into the forest, to this point my feet and legs were dieing, my breathing start to worsen.
I look behind me seeing nothing beside trees, and other plants. I turn behind a tree, finally catching a full breath. I slowly sit down, taking in as much oxygen as I can.
I try to calm down and remember why I'm even here, my thoughts were interrupted when a screen appears in front of me.
"What the-"
I looked at blue hologram, seeing 2 players on the screen...
"Player 1 and Player 2...then their stats...what?"
*BEEEEP*
"What the-"
*Enter player 2......player 2 entering.....*
Player 2? Suddenly I hear a weird noise behind me, I turn around seeing....KUROO!
*BEEP* "Starting...good luck..."

The fuck?
Wha-players....wait....no way. I open my screen again scrolling through it all the way to the bottom reading it....
"No fucking way....no fucking way..."
As soon as I read it memories started to flood in Kuroo buying the game, me plugging it in, then us fainting soon after we turn off the console. I sighed as I piece all of the things together, why I am in the woods, how I got myself into a village, and the screens and voices!
I poked Kuroo waking him up easily.
He jumps up his eyes meets mine making me turn my eyes away from his,
He slowly gets up looking at the woods around us,
"Ummm Kenma where are we?"
I pat my wrist making the screen pop up again,
"Welcome to the 'The Devil's Quest' Kuroo...."
He looks at me shocked not believing it.
"Tap your wrist if you don't believe me."
He follows suit making the same but green screen pop up,
"Player 2?"
I look at my own now only seeing player 1 on mine.
"Yeah cause I'm player 1 and you joined after me."
He nods walking around touching the trees,
"So are we like in a game?"
I nod going through my screen to see if I can find anything,
"Yup looks like it."
I scroll through seeing nothing useful. I clicked a button not expecting to see another screen pop up label inventory. I click on an item, disappearing from the screen and into my hands revealing a map. Kuroo looks at me amaze as I look at the map arrows leading west.
I show the map to Kuroo, opening my inventory once more to examine everything. Kuroo following my movements, after examining I pick up my map heading west.
"Wait Kenma where are you going?"
"Going west."
"Why?"
"Because the map points west! Where else should we go to?"
"Well I don't know...."
I sigh,
"Look i'm heading west and I don't care if you follow me or not. I don't even know why we are even here in the first place other than you buying that stupid CD!"
Kuroo looks back at me clearly offended,
"Look I'm sorry if I try to be a good friend and buy you the stupid game!"
"The game isn't the only thing stupid."
I remarked following the map. I hear Kuroo groan loudly, clearly in distress but ignored it not wanting to deal with him. As I go on farther a part of me started to feel bad...am I feeling bad for Kuroo? No I can't be....I turn around seeing Kuroo sitting down his head in his arms. Seeing him like this hurts me for some reason, even worse then me being blind and the treatment afterwards.
I walk back to Kuroo, I place a hand on his shoulder slightly shaking it. He looks up at me and opens his mouth,
"What are you-"
"Kuroo....look I'm sorry about lashing out on you. I'm just stressed right now. Look we both know we don't want to be together right now but we have to follow the map. Trust me on this."
He looks up at me still undecided,
"Just- follow me."
I started to walk away, Kuroo slowly following me close behind me. I turn my head quickly to see his face before turing away.
I hate seeing him like this....it hurts too much and I hate myself that I know why...