Chapter 22- Dark Mark

Ever since joining the wizarding community at 11, Sabrina had heard her classmates whispering about a man named Lord Voldemort, although most people referred to him, as he who must not be named.
Sabrina couldn't believe that she was actually going to meet the man who had installed so much fear into the wizarding world.
Once the wedding had ended, Bellatrix and her husband Rodolphus had taken Sabrina and Regulus to an abandoned hut using side along apparation.
Sabrina didn't particularly enjoy the experience, as it left her feeling rather queasy, although she couldn't say for sure that the nausea was because of apparating, or her fear of meeting Voldemort.

Sabrina could tell that Voldemort didn't live in the abandoned hut, as a layer of dust had settled on everything. She also wasn't sure that a man with his power, would want to live in an abandoned hut.
Since they were meeting him for the first time, she expected that they were not allowed to see where Voldemort really lived, in case he decided that they couldn't be trusted.
As Sabrina and Regulus waited for Voldemort's arrival, their nervousness increased.
Sabrina did her best to wipe her sweaty palms on the side of her dress, but it wasn't long before they were sweaty again.
She really wished that she wasn't in some stupid party dress that limited her movement. But since she'd had no time to change, she was stuck in her wedding outfit.

Eventually the hut door swung open and in walked Lord Voldemort, with two masked death eaters at his side.
As he got closer, Bellatrix and Rodolphus bowed. But Sabrina just stared at him, taking in his strange appearance.
He skin was ghostly white, and he had terrifying red eyes, but Sabrina could tell that he had once been very attractive.
When he lowered his hood, she saw that he had shaved his head, adding to his unusual appearance.
"You should bow to the dark lord, as a sign of respect" hissed Bellatrix.
"Don't worry Bella, I'm sure our guests did not mean to be disrespectful" said Voldemort.

His voice made Sabrina's skin crawl, but she tried not to show it on her face.
"I expect you are both wondering why I asked you to come here tonight" continued Voldemort.
"Yes, my lord" mumbled Sabrina, who didn't think that it was wise to remain silent, even though she was terrified of saying the wrong thing.
"That is understandable. But surely two intelligent pure-bloods such as yourselves, can see why you would be of interest to someone like me" replied Voldemort.

"Do you wish for us to join you, my lord?" Asked Regulus.
Voldemort smiled creepily, which sent shivers down Sabrina's spine.
"Yes, I do. Bellatrix here, tells me that your loyalties lie with your fellow pure-bloods and not with your weak minded brother, or cousin Andromeda. You are a proud pure-blood, are you not?" Questioned Voldemort.
"Yes, my lord" answered Regulus.
"Good. And do you wish for those of pure and noble blood, to rise up against those without? Do you wish to see those who have been contaminated by filthy Muggles, be reminded of how superior we are?"
"Yes, my lord".

Voldemort then turned from Regulus to face Sabrina.
"Do you share those same beliefs as your lover?" Asked Voldemort.
Sabrina could feel him trying to worm his way inside her head, so she hid her father's identity and her friendship with Lily, using powerful Occlumency, to stop him learning the truth.
"Yes, my lord. There is nothing I want more than for Muggles and Mudbloods to be put in their rightful place" lied Sabrina.
"Good. It was wise of you to leave your family home, when your mother started becoming a Muggle sympathiser. Many good people are lost to these Muggle loving ideas. When the Ministry forgets to uphold pure-blood superiority, then so does the magical community. Which is why we must act" announced Voldemort.

"But my lord, me and Regulus are only 16, which means we cannot use magic outside of school. We will also be returning to Hogwarts next week. So we won't be of use to your cause" admitted Sabrina, who was trying to change Voldemort's mind about wanting her and Regulus.
"I am aware of the law Miss Prince, and I do not intend on making you break it. You will be of no use to me, if the Ministry believe you are a trouble maker or a potential threat. But that does not mean that I don't want you to join our ranks. I can see you both becoming powerful death eaters, under my guidance. If that is something you both want" replied Voldemort.

Even though Sabrina did not want to become a death eater, she knew that she had no choice.
If she were to decline Voldemort's offer, she would not be allowed to leave the building.
Him and his followers had killed dozens of people, so murdering her wouldn't be a big deal to them.
In order to live, Sabrina would have to become a death eater.
"Of course it is, my lord. It would be a great honor to become a death eater" lied Sabrina.
Regulus placed his fingers through Sabrina's and nodded his head at Voldemort.
"She's right. It is something we have both always wanted to become. We want to help make the world a better place, with you as our leader" insisted Regulus.

"Good. I have a feeling that you are both going to be of great use to me... Now, stretch out your left arms" instructed Voldemort.
Although this demand confused both Sabrina and Regulus, they both did as they were told.
Voldemort then removed his wand from his pocket, and stepped closer to them.
He took hold of Sabrina's wrist with one hand, while placing his wand tip onto her forearm.
Sabrina's arm suddenly exploded with pain, causing her to flinch.
She wanted nothing more than to remove her arm from his grasp and run away. But she knew that she couldn't.
As she stared at her arm, she watched as a snake and skull appeared on her skin.

Eventually Voldemort let go of Sabrina's arm, and the mark he had branded onto her skin turned from jet black to a dull grey.
Voldemort then repeated the ritual on Regulus, branding him with the same mark.
"Only my most trusted death eaters have my mark. This is a great honor. When it burns, it means I'm summoning my death eaters to me. But since you cannot apparate yet, Bellatrix will fetch you when I want tou, so that you can attend certain meetings. She will continue doing this until you are of age. However, I do not expect you to attend any meetings, while you are at Hogwarts, since I do not want Albus Dumbledore to know that you are on my side" informed Voldemort.

Voldemort then turned to the death eaters who had arrived with him, and clicked his fingers expectantly.
The death eaters each removed a package from under their cloaks which they then handed to Sabrina and Regulus.
"In these packages you will find a mask and a cloak, which are to be warn at all meetings. It is unwise of me to have all my followers know each other. Of course, you know the ones in the Black family who are death eaters. But for now, you will not know exactly who else I have in my employ" announced Voldemort.

"Now, Bellatrix will take you both home. And it should go without saying, that you are to tell no one, about what has happened here today" continued Voldemort.
"Fear not, my lord, no one will know that we have joined you" promised Sabrina.
"Good. Many believe that I am mistaken to put such faith in people as young as you. It is your job to prove them wrong" replied Voldemort.
"We will not disappoint you, my lord"
"I hope not, for your sake".