P R E F A C E

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

P L E A S E     R E A D . . .

This story contains mature themes exploring: Child abuse, sexual abuse, homosexuality and homophobia.

Please be aware that these topics are sensitive, and tread carefully if you wish to leave a comment. If you would like to avoid such topics, or there is a chance that it may trigger you, please press the back button on the top left corner. 

Why am I writing about this?

Sexual child abuse, as well as homosexuality two things that are open secrets. They are known to exist but are always swept away under the carpet. Especially in the Asian and Muslim communities, our negative reaction to homosexuality drives youth away from Islam. Instead of trying to tackle the issue and help the persons involved, they are shunned and ostracized.

This story is inspired by a real-life incident. I've only used the premise but the characters, story-line and everything else is the content of my imagination. 

I have tried to do justice to the plot and its characters, however if you notice any mistakes, and inconsistencies, please let me know so that I may correct it. 

S P E C I A L    D E D I C A T I O N

To Kat (makeitmatter) for giving me the courage to post this story with her 'Jewels' series. Make sure to check them out as she explores sensitive and important topics which are ignored by a conservative society to a detrimental point in a beautiful manner. 

F I N A L   N O T E

This is a very short story with intention to show the reality of these issues and how we could solve it. This is only one manner and one facet of the main issue. These are the things that are tackled in accordance to the person and the situation.

In the book, I've dealt the resolution in a manner which I found most appropriate. It is one of the more optimistic ones. However, there are still many other ways to look at it.

I'm not personally experienced in any of these matters, but, I have researched it to the best of my abilities. So the chances of my mistakes is very high, I can only hope that you will point them out to me, so that I may learn more. 

No part of the story is intended to discriminate anyone, or put anyone down. If someone feels that the story has come across in such a manner, please inform me and I will endeavour to change it. Many thanks beforehand. 

Once again, if you feel that you may be offended or triggered by any part of the story, please turn back. Otherwise proceed with caution.

Story has not been edited. There are likely to be minor typos and errors.

~ amu