Meeting You .a

I woke up at 4 in the morning to get ready for work.

Sighing, I pushed myself up from my bed and paused as I passed the mirror. I look like shit.

I walk down the stairs and make breakfast. After eating, I start to get ready finally and look at my options. White button up and suit pants? Definitely.

I call my right-hand man before leaving. "Is everything set up?" I ask in a deep gruff voice. I wait for confirmation before heading out and starting my car. I drive to my building and sure enough, everything's ready.

"Sir, you have 4 meetings scheduled for today and Mr. Anderson wants to remind you of the ball happening Sunday. He would like to know if you're free." My secretary Sarah says.

"I'm not free." I answer not-so-nicely and head to the elevator to get to my floor.

I click button 25 and wait impatiently.

Once the elevator finally reaches my level I step out into the hallway and am met with my right-hand man running towards me.

"Hey, capo!" He hurriedly smiles and rushes into the elevator. "I'm heading to the strip club down the street, wanna come with?"

I look at him disgusted and he just laughs. "Suit yourself."

Like hell I'd go to a strip club.

I step into my office and slump down in my chair. I blow a fallen strand of hair away from my forehead and lean forward to start my paperwork.

After 4 hours, I'm finally finished with my papers and meetings. I pack up my things and head off to my car.

Once I get on the street I start driving to my house. A few minutes in, I see 3 men carrying a women into an alleyway and one other rummaging through her backpack. What the fuck?

I park down the road a little and get out fast. I watch as the woman struggles and seems.. confused. When the men notice me they have fearful expressions on their faces, clearly knowing who I am.

I step towards them all and they drop the woman and her stuff to the alleyway floor and scurry off. Pathetic.

I look back to the women and see how she's reacting. She has her hands up to her chest and she's bawling her eyes out while she seems to be breathing heavily.  It doesn't seem like she.. knows she's crying? She's just blankly staring into space.

I slowly approach her and, surprisingly, gently speak as she looks over at me. "Hey, hey, it's okay. They won't hurt you. They're gone."

Her breathing still wouldn't go down. She was going to pass out. I needed to calm her somehow. I noticed a teddy on her backpack and unbuckled it.

"You gotta calm down, hun. You're gonna pass out. Deep breaths." I said, as I slowly held up the teddy and pushed it into her arms.

She looked up at me and whimpered but obliged nonetheless, gripping the animal tightly. I slowly took deep breaths for her to copy and she does so.

"There you go, come on." I said softly. She sniffled and breathed in and out again while slowly standing up shakily. She reminded me of a newborn lamb taking its first steps.

"Did you know those men, sweetheart?" I asked. She shook her head and wiped her eyes while looking at me.

"It's alright," I said as I moved closer to her. She stepped back a bit. "I won't hurt you. Pinky promise." I held out my pinky for her to wrap hers around.

She thought for a moment before shakily jointing our pinkies and nodding. Her pinky was so small compared to mine. That's when I looked back up at her and realized how much tinier she was. Something primal inside me sparked and I felt a strong urge to protect this tiny girl.

"Come over here, sweetie. I pinky promised I wouldn't hurt you." Although I wasn't being very trustworthy at this moment, I somehow knew the girl would trust me and I was surprised to find that I was right. She cautiously walked over to me and looked up in suspicion and curiosity.

"I'm gonna walk you home, is that alright?" I ask gently. She hesitantly nods and grabs my hand tightly, surprising us both.

Her tiny hand could barely fit around mine as we walk. Or, maybe I just had big hands. I don't know. The sight was pleasant and made me feel warm inside. What is this feeling?

We walked down a few alleys on the way to her home and I grew worried for the girl. What if she gets hurt sometime while walking home? Was that what was happening when those men grabbed her? Why did she look so confused and blank?

I shook my head at the swimming questions and stopped at the sound of a car zooming by. A surge of panic went through me as I saw how close she was walking by the road. "Baby, come over on this side."

She looked at me confused for a moment until I motioned on the other side of me and she reluctantly agreed. She grabbed my other hand the same way as before and we walked a few more blocks before reaching her house.

As I was about to walk away after dropping her home, she suddenly grabbed my wrist and spoke for the first time. "W-Wait."

Her voice sounded like heaven. I wanted to hear it everyday.

I looked at her curiously as she hesitantly spoke more. "What's your name?"

I smiled. Smiled.

"My name is Adonis. And yours?"

She sucked in a breath before answering. "I-I'm Daisy."

I smiled once more and crouched down a little to her 5'2 frame. "It's nice to meet you, baby Daisy. Listen, I need you to call me if you're ever in a scary situation again, okay?" I say sternly yet softly.

She nodded hastily as I gave her a card with my number on it. I slowly leaned forward to capture her cheek in a kiss and stayed there for a little longer.

I pulled back to see her blushing profusely and smirked. "I'll see you."

She nodded once again and backed away towards her house as I walked away. I heard the front door open and close and that's when I started to head back to my car.

Once I got home I immediately threw myself in bed after taking off my clothes, minus the boxers. I rest easy thinking about the tiny doll and her fingers wrapped around my hand.