Getting Closer .a

When I woke up in the morning I stretched and got up to do my usual routine for work. Many thoughts swam through my head.

Will I see that girl today? Did my men fuck up while I wasn't there?

I jumped into my car and forced the thoughts out of my head. I pulled up to my building and went inside and up to my office.

After at most 8 hours of working, my phone started to ring. Who the hell would be calling my private line at this time?

I clicked answer on the unknown number. "What?" I spoke harshly.

There was a short pause before someone spoke. "...u-um, hi."

Regret pulled through my senses at the sound of baby Daisy. I swallowed thickly. "Babydoll." I spoke gruffly.

"I-I just wanted to make sure this was the, um, right number. But I'm home alone and I was scared but I didn't have anyone else to call. If-If you're busy I'm really sorry, I-" She rambled, but I cut her off before she upsets herself more.

"No no I'm not busy. Don't ever be afraid to call me, It's okay."

I heard her sigh from the other side and before she said anything I spoke up. "Do you want me to come over later so you're not scared?"

She paused. "y-yeah if you don't mind."

"Okay, doll. I'll be over in a few hours." I smiled, even though she couldn't see me.

"okay," She said quietly. "bye-bye."

"Bye-bye."

I sighed and pushed my hair back. I need to hurry up with my work.

A few hours later and I'm finally finished.

I pack up my stuff and head into my car, driving out on the street. I vaguely remember the directions to her house and once I get there I pull up into the driveway and hurriedly walk up to the door.

After a few knocks, I see her head peak out of the window and her eyes widen. She suddenly disappears and in an instant the door swings open as I was rolling up the cuffs of my shirt. It took me by surprise at how eager she was to see me.

She smiles shyly and hugs me tightly, surprising me even more. Even so, I slowly but surely hug her back.

Her hands tighten around the fabric of my shirt and she presses her face softly to my chest. Damn, she's so tiny.

I rubbed her head gently until she let go. Her face was red and she rubbed it for a moment until turning around. "What do you wanna do?"

I shrugged, following her inside. "Whatever you want. I don't really care."

"Do you wanna meet my dog?" She says smiling up at me. I just almost melted at the pure innocence and happiness in her eyes.

"Of course." I smiled back. She looked down and walked over to her living room, and sure enough there was a big dog sleeping on the couch.

"This is Petunia!" Daisy clapped. "I love her very much. I think she's about 8. She's a half bulldog half terrier mix and she's super soft!" She rambled.

She sat me down on the couch and crouched down, making my eyes widen. She rested her head against one of my knees.

"She usually barks at new people, but I don't think she knows you're here since she's sleeping." She giggled. "Petunia.."

As she was trying to wake up the dog, I took a good look at her face. She had pale skin, naturally chubby and rosy cheeks, wide doe eyes, short light brown hair that was a little above her shoulders, a button nose, softly etched eyebrows, and pink plump lips.