Chapter - 21

Colette

It's almost midnight when the taxi pulls in front of the Tennessean Hotel. The past few months we have met only a handful of times. With the start of the regular football season and the election campaign Zach's schedule has been crazy. Last week was the Election Day and President Adams won the second term to office with a huge margin. With one less task, Zach has the next couple of days off and so I decided to join him in Knoxville where he has a match this weekend.

Just as I walk towards the entrance, a black suv pulls in and I immediately recognise it as Zach's car. I look around and see paparazzi. Paparazzi's omnipresence is annoying at times. I would love to wait for him and walk inside hand in hand but we can't. Thanks to the secret service, we have kept our relationship secret but keeping a secret is a lot of work. I sigh in frustration and walk towards the reception not waiting for Zach.

When I am filling in check-in form, I feel Zach's presence next to me.

"Mr A.. A.. Adams", the receptionist shutters looking at Zach. I can't stop the smile that spreads my lips but I continue writing next to him. His gorgeous looks combined with his popularity takes many people by surprise

"Ms Flinnton, I need a favour", he asks resting his elbows on the high counter and moving closer to the receptionist.

"Of course Mr. Adams?", she says pulling herself together and smiling broadly but completely ignoring the writing pad I am returning to her.

"Is Ariana Grande staying in the hotel?", he inquires.

"We can't share guest information Mr Adams.", the receptionist says with her smile not so wide anymore.

"That means she is a guest here", Zach says with a mischievous glint with adds to his hotness. Is he flirting with her? In front of me?

"I can neither agree nor deny", the receptionist flirts back

"If she does stay, can you send her a huge boutique of orchids.. Na.. make it red roses. I heard red roses are her favourite. Send her a few dozen red roses", he says making me seethe.

"Sure Mr. Adams. Is there a message you want written on the card?", the receptionist asks providing a pen and paper.

"Hmmm... What should I right?", Zach thinks loudly.

"You have any good ideas Ms Flinnton", he flirts again.

I have been dying to see him for last couple of weeks and here he is flirting with another women. Even Though I know he is only trying to reel me up and make me jealous, frustration of past few weeks gets to me.

"Can you just cancel the room? I think I will go now", I say sharply catching both Zach's and the receptionist's attention. Both their eyes widen and the receptionist recovers first.

"Sorry for the delay. It's Mr Adams and couldn't stop myself. I am really sorry. I will lose my job if you complain", she starts rambling looking scared.

"I understand. The person I came here for is not available. I am not going to complain", I assure her.

"In that case, I will get you a feedback form", she says looking relieved.

"On a second thought, sending dozens of roses will seem over the top. Ms Flinntop, please don't go forward with the request. I am sorry if I have wasted your time", Zach says hurried.