Chapter one: 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐍𝗼𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐠𝐚

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝗼𝐯𝐞?"

Years ago, six monarchs ruled the world and were respected by the humans.

The god, Helios, grew jealous and threatened to never raise the sun again.

Eventually, the humans sacrificed the monarchs and their servants to the sun god, who cursed them to only be able to survive by drinking human blood.

To keep protecting the humans, the monarchs only drank the blood of the evil.

Their servants however, were disgusted by the humans betrayal that they slaughtered them in a wild rage.

The servants wanted to create eternal night and to do that they waited for a cursed child to be born on the night of an eclipse to use in the ceremony.

The child was born, war broke out between the monarchs and the servants that lasted 10 years.

The monarchs won, but the servants said to come back when "the red moon appears again"

•••

A silent wind blew through the dead streets, carrying sorrow in its wake.

6 monarchs walked up to the stand, their arms restrained behind their backs as masks were placed over their faces.

"We know what we must do to continue protecting you"

Said a muffled voice.

One by one they were tied down to a pole over top of hay were they would be burned and sacrificed to the sun god, Helios.

"It's was a pleasure ruling with you, brother"

Said another.

"Helios of the sun. 6 monarchs have been gathered for your sacrifice. Please accept this offering!"

Called out a middle aged man.

Suddenly, the posts were lit ablaze.

Red embers and smoke filled the sky and the monarchs screamed out in pain.

Their servants however, were damned to be hanged.

One by one they were tied and hanged by the people they trusted.

Red rage filled their hearts.

"How could you offer us up like we were nothing but chopped liver to you?!"

•••

"Years ago, six monarchs ruled the world and were respected by the humans"

Helios read aloud for all of the monarchs and their servants to hear.

Red blindfolds were placed over their eyes as they were tied once more.

"How pathetic"

He walked to his throne and sat down. Crossing his legs as he glared down at their pitiful forms.

"I curse thee to only be able to survive by drink the blood of the very beings they promised to protect"

He said sternly as a bright light shone through the room.

"You will live forever with this burden"

Helios raised his scepter scepter 

"Return to earth you disgusting beings"