Chapter 2: 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝗺𝐚𝐭𝐞

"𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝗼𝐮𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫"

"A child?"

A blue haired man asked his red haired brother who nodded in response.

"We have her now we need to keep her away from Helios and his pawns"

He said moving his white pawn forward on the board.

Kaeya seemed to think before his next move. He had always been exceptionally good at chess.

His slender fingers picked up his black knight to his right.

A mischievous smirk was plastered on his face.

"Checkmate"

Diluc sighed in defeat as he slumped back in his chair.

"No one can you beat you" he smirked and Kaeya reset the board.

"Why don't you play a game with me Venti" Kaeya smiled and Venti shook his head.

"You always beat me it's no fun anymore" he said.

Suddenly a little girl no older 4 walk in through the large castle door carrying her doll.

"Y/N what are doing up this late at night" Diluc asked with crossed arms.

The child rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Childe's taking up the whole bed" she cried.

Venti ran over and swooped up the frustrated child.

"Don't cry! Big brother Venti is gonna get rid of dumb brother Childe" he cooed and Y/N snuggled into his small shoulder.

Kaeya followed to two until they got to her room and what do you know. Childe was dead asleep all spread out on her bed.

"CHILDE GET UP" Venti screamed and Y/N covered her ears out of shock.

Childe slowly got up and rubbed his red eyes.

"What now" he sighed as he adjusted to the light.

Venti kicked him out of the bed and place little Y/N down on the soft silk covers.

"Go sleep in your own bed" Venti said pushing him out of the door.

"Goodnight Y/N! Sweet dreams!" He said as he closed her door leaving her and Kaeya.

"Brother Kaeya, I didn't know you were so good at chess" she said tiredly.

"I'm the best in the world" he bragged.

He loved watching people's eyes light up when he talked about his talents especially Y/N's.

"Here, I'll teach you tomorrow if you go to sleep" he said tucking her in.

"Deal" she smiled and waved goodbye as Kaeya turned off her light and closed her door.

•••

All 6 monarchs made their way to the study room where they discussed most of their plans of action.

Diluc grabbed a large book off of its shelf and placed it down onto the glass table.

"Is she sleeping?" Razor asked.

Kaeya nodded in response.

"Tomorrow is the night of the blood moon" Diluc said remorsefully.

The dreaded blood moon that only happened every year had never been a pleasing time for the brothers.

"I found a quite large group of treasure hunters near the yellow forest" Childe said.

"Perfect"