F O U R

i've been having a lot of internal struggles lately, life has been rough. but i know i'm not the only one- if any of you ever need to talk, or vent, or just need someone to tell you that you're going to be okay, don't hesitate to reach out. i consider you guys family. i love you all.

•••

Harry couldn't sleep. This frustrated him immensely, as his body was exhausted from Quidditch tryouts, yet his mind was buzzing with anxious energy. He tossed and turned for what felt like hours before giving up and casting a wandless Lumos, filling the dormitory with soft light. He slipped on a pair of faded blue pyjama bottoms and a black hooded sweatshirt, shivering slightly in the cool breeze from the open window. He quietly dug around in his trunk for the Marauder's Map and his Invisibility Cloak, then extinguished the light and snuck out of the dormitory. He pressed his ear against the door and breathed a sigh of relief when he heard nothing but Ron's rumbling snores. Draping the cloak around himself, he padded down the stairs and briefly scanned the common room for any fellow night owls. Seeing that the coast was clear, Harry pushed open the door and cast another Lumos.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" Snapped the Fat Lady, shielding her eyes from the light. Harry ignored her and set off down the corridor with no real destination in mind. He just needed to move, he was sure he'd go crazy if he had spent another moment in bed.

With every step he took, Harry felt a knot of unease twisting in his stomach. He kept close to the wall, running his fingertips along it as he walked in an effort the keep himself grounded. A thin layer of sweat collected on his upper lip, his breathing increasing rapidly. Something felt wrong- he had a feeling of impending doom, paranoid that at any moment something would go terribly wrong. Somewhere in the distance, Harry heard screams of agony and the earth shaking booms of explosions. It's all in my head, he reminded himself. I'm safe, it's over, it's in my head. He turned a corner and cried out in fright. There laid Fred Weasley, eyes blank, face contorted into one last laugh. It's not real, he isn't real, I'm only imagining this. Harry's chest felt heavy and tight as though someone was squeezing the life right out of him. He gasped for breath, clawing at the neckline of his sweater frantically. He ripped the cloak off and sunk to the floor, never taking his eyes off of Fred. If he wasn't real, then why was he still there? After ten agonizing seconds, he ripped his eyes away from Fred and shut them tightly. He put his head between his knees and desperately tried to focus on his breathing, counting to five for every inhale and exhale. He stole a glance to the opposite wall and saw that Fred was no longer there. Instead of relief, however, Harry felt deep sadness settle heavily in his heart. His eyes prickled with tears, and he didn't bother fighting them.

•••

Draco walked slowly through the maze of corridors, the sound of his bare feet against the stone seeming to echo around him. He held a small ball of blue flames in his right hand, his left stuffed into the pocket of his trousers. The pale blue light made him look translucent, his white blonde hair positively glowing in the shadowy darkness. These walks had become a part of his nightly routine, walking and walking until he eventually found himself in the dungeons again. The first few nights he had been worried about being spotted by Filch or his god awful feline, but now he ventured out of his dormitory care free, feeling very confident about his sneaking skills.

Tonight, he replayed his earlier interaction with Harry in his mind over and over. The cold expression of hatred on Harry's face haunted him. I deserve it, Draco thought, it would be stupid of me to expect anything else. How could Harry not be disgusted by him? No matter what he said, his actions over the last year showed Harry the kind of man Draco was. A gutless coward with no backbone or ability to choose for himself. A sheep amongst the flock. A Death Eater.