S E V E N

"So, are you going to go?" Hermione asked casually. They were sitting in the common room, working on their Potions essays. Or rather, Hermione was resentfully editing and adding onto Harry's and Ron's essays. They were also very pointedly not talking about Draco Malfoy. Until now, apparently. It was nearing half past 11, and Harry still hadn't made up his mind about meeting with Draco.

"I don't know." Harry mumbled, staring blankly into the fire. Yes, Draco had made quite an effort over the last few days. He had even apologized to Ron and Hermione, something Harry never thought would happen, not in a million years. The abundance of sweets he had been sent was a bonus too, he supposed.

"You're running out of time, mate." Ron said with a yawn. "I still don't like him, but you have to admit, he's been trying pretty hard. He's been acting a bit desperate, really. It's embarrassing, if you ask me."

"Exactly." Hermione agreed. "I don't think he'd go as far as apologizing to Ron if he didn't truly want to make amends."

"Hey! He apologized to you too!" Ron said defensively.

"Yes, well, that's beside the point." Hermione waved her hand dismissively.

They were right, Harry had to admit. Draco was begging, in his own way, which was so un-Malfoyish that it couldn't just be a hoax. Hopefully.

"Okay, alright." Harry said, nodding his head. "This could be a good thing." He wasn't sure who he was trying to convince, his friends or himself. He struggled to his feet (his legs were quite numb after sitting in one spot for 4 hours) and glanced between his friends nervously. This could go either way, and Harry wasn't ready for more heartbreak. "Well, I'm off then."

"Want us to wait for you?" Ron asked, although he looked as though sitting around waiting for Harry's "date" to be over was the last thing he wanted to do.

"No, that's okay. I'll see you guys in the morning." Harry smiled tightly and turned on his heel. A ball of silky material hit him in the back of the head and he spun around. His invisibility cloak was bundled on the floor, and Ron was smiling sheepishly at him, as though he had known Harry would decide to go meet Draco. Harry scowled, flipped Ron the bird, and put on his cloak without a word.

The castle was eerily quiet. Harry felt as though he was in one of those muggle horror movies, and certain death loomed around the corner. How ridiculous, to be put on edge by silent corridors, when he had defeated the darkest wizard of all time.

He reached the bottom of the stairs leading up the Astronomy Tower, and slipped off his cloak. He slowly climbed the stairs, not trusting his legs not to give out and send him tumbling down. For a moment, Harry considered how strange it was for Draco to ask him to meet at the tower- it didn't exactly hold the best memories for either of them. He shook his head, clearing his mind of the thought.

He paused in front of the door, his fingers trembled on the handle. What if this was all a plot to have Harry embarrass himself all over agin? He fisted the cloak tightly, squared his shoulders and slowly pushed the door open. His breath caught in his throat when he saw Draco. There he stood, against the railing looking out over the lake, hair gleaming in the moonlight. He looked like an angel. The door creaked as Harry opened it wider. Draco turned to face him. His lips parted and his eyes were bright and hopeful, but surprised as well, as if he hadn't expected Harry to come.

"Harry." Draco breathed. He stepped forward slightly, looking torn between staying put and rushing to bring Harry into his arms.

"Er, hi." Harry said awkwardly, his hand still lingering on the door handle. His heart was racing. He was still taken aback by how surreal Draco looked with the breeze ruffling his hair and the way he seemed to glow in the pale moonlight.