CHAPTER TWO

Masen's P.O.V

September, 11th, 2023

I never understood my family

I never understood my family. I was born a twin, and I always heard that twins were supposed to be really close; yet I have barley spent any time with my own. She texts me sometimes, on our birthday and holidays. But other than that Renesmee Carlie Cullen is a stranger to me. I used to be so angry and envious when it came to my twin. She was loved by my parents and father's side of the family, allowed to live with them and travel with them. Even the Quileute tribe liked her, other than Sue and Seth and Billy, they never wanted to meet me. I have never even met Sue's daughter Leah, Seth comes to visit his mother often, yet Leah has always stayed at the old house on the reservation when she visited, which was a rare occurrence that had happened exactly five times in seventeen years. The last time I have actually seen my family outside of photos that they send to gramps and grandma, was at Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Sue's wedding when I was five.

So imagine my surprise when my mother calls me the day before my seventeenth birthday to tell me they were all moving back to the old house in Forks, and that they wanted me to come to Renesmee's birthday party today. I wasn't going to go, since every year on my birthday me, grandma Sue and gramps have our own traditions that we have never broke, until this year it seems.

My mother had called gramps and told him about the party tonight and he was forcing me to go after we got home from fishing. He was going to have us go the day after my birthday, but I put my foot down. If I was going to be forced to go to this stupid party tonight with people that were never interested in me before, then it would be after fishing. I was not willing to give up all of my birthday traditions. So after getting up at 4:30 am and having breakfast with gramps, Grandma Sue and Uncle Billy, we all packed up to go to our favorite fishing spot, while stopping on the way to get a gift for Renesmee.