Chapter 17- Pulse

We all began stripping behind various trees and tied up all our clothes. I was among the first to shift. I stopped, wait, I can't even communicate with Nolan or anyone else. I looked dumbfounded at the floor. Whatever, I'll just follow them, I don't even need to talk to them for now I guess.

Looking at Nolan, he nodded and we all started to run through the forest. What was our strategy? What were we going to even do when we get there? What if they're dead? What if I was too late?

I shook my head a bit to calm myself. I didn't even notice it but we probably were deep in the forest now. I was barely tired! How could I just gotten better in a few days?

As I breathed in the fresh forest air I saw a light ahead of us. The pack land? I pushed myself to go faster and increased my pace until I was near the edge of the forest. I'm sure they already knew that we were already here. They could probably smell us. I hid behind a giant bush and changed into my clothes. I wonder why I didn't see any guards though.

I looked behind me to see Nolan running to catch up to me.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Definetly" I nodded as I trudged out of the forest and towards the pack lands.

Far away I saw a couple of werewolves walking towards us, among them I saw Dee. She was sure glad to see me. Just days ago I was under her wrath.

"Hello Alpha Nolan I heard about your arrival, I am Beta Chris" He smiled, as he looked at me he looked wide eyed but quickly put his attention back on Nolan.

"Hello, I understand that your pack has broken one of the sacred rules. I am here to speak to your Alpha" Nolan raised his eyebrows.

Chris nodded as he flinched and started to scurry away.

"Oh and do you by any chance have any wolves by the name of Jennifer and Dexter?" Nolan said as Chris stopped midway.

"No, I'm sorry but we've never have anyone here by those names" He said nervously.

I started to growl but Andrew stopped me. I had half a mind to run after Chris right now.

"Let me give you some time to rethink what you have just said because I know you know where they are" Nolan growled " tell me before you make these matters worse for you and your pack Beta Chris" Nolan said reverting to his calm but stern oice, glaring straight at Chris causing him to shrink back and nod.

"They- They're there" he pointed at the prison where I was once held.

"Thank you, your Alpha please" Nolan said as he nodded him away "You and Andrew go while the rest of us will talk to this Graham".

I nodded and immediately ran towards the prison with Andrew right behind me.

"Do you think they're alright?" He asked.

"I hope so Andrew..." I whispered as I opened the door.

I jumped down the stairs and ran down the dark hallway that I had listened for footsteps before and turned right.

I stopped short making Andrew bump into me. All the air rushed out of me and I held my breath.

Lying inside the cell against the wall was a bruised and bloody Dexter.

"Hey, what are ya doing here? Wait you!-" A wolf shouted but Andrew punched him so hard that he passed out.

Dexter, what the hell did they do to you. He wasn't even conscious. As Andrew got the keys from the guard and unlocked it I rushed in and crouched down beside Dexter. I touched his hair which used to be smooth and shiny but they was something wet... Blood? I immediately pulled my hand away and look at it, dark red. He was so... pale and bloody, he laid there silently. I couldn't hear his breath. I started to panic and grab his arm for his pulse.

"I can barely feel his pulse Andrew"