CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ,
edge of great !

𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞  𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐧' 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞

𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞
𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩
𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐧'
𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞

"Julie, we need to talk," Ray said as he and his daughters walked up to the house. "Davina, I'll get to you later." Julie sighed and stopped walking.

"So, after skipping school, missing a test, you decided to sneak out even though I told you to go to your room and study?" Ray asked incredulously.

"Technically she didn't skip school, she went, but she went in late." Davina chimed in, in an effort to protect her sister.

"I know, I'm sorry," Julie said looking at her father

"Yeah, you keep saying that. If you just...let me in, I could've been excited about tonight, instead of having this conversation we both hate. Why didn't you tell me you were in a band?"

"It all just happened so fast. These last couple of weeks have changed my life. When I play music, I feel so much closer to mom." Julie explained to him. Their mother was a tough subject but they knew they'd do anything to feel closer to her.

"And I love that. You know I do, but your tia is right. School needs to come first."

"I know, but without the band, I would've never made it back into the music program. They and Vina played with me with I was trying to earn my spot back."

"They did? You did?" Ray asked looking at his oldest daughter in shock. She rolled her eyes at his observation. Why wouldn't she help Julie? That's her sister.

Julie and Ray talked for a few more moments before she went inside and he turned to his older daughter. He sighed in disappointment. "What Dad?" She asked, wanting to get straight to the point.

"Julie isn't the type to sneak out. You? Yes. Julie? No."

"What are you trying to say?" She questioned, crossing her arms.

"I'm saying you need to stop influencing your sister," Ray told her with a stern look.

"She wanted to perform and I wasn't going to keep her from that. She did it for mom, and I sure as hell wasn't going to stop her!" Davina exploded, angry that her dad wanted to blame it all on her

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, whatever." She said rolling her eyes and walking away.