CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN ,
unsaid emily !

𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲

𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤
𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲

Davina walked up to Luke's parent's house and sighed. She was going to show them the song he had written for his mother. She went to ring the doorbell when Luke flashed in next to her.

Her eyes widened as she spoke, "Luke?" She asked in shock. How convenient he'd be at his parent's house the same exact time Davina was there.

"What are you doing here?" He asked softly, turning towards the brunette.

"Okay look, I just wanted to know more about you, you know, just curious. Um... So, I came here last week on your birthday." She admitted sheepishly.

"You were spying on me? Even after all your speeches about boundaries? You were spying on me?"  Luke asked making her feel even more guilty.

"I know. I'm sorry, it was wrong. But I'm worried about you."

"You don't have to be." He told her but she shook her head.

"I get it. I know how hard it is when you want to speak to someone you love and can't. I feel like that every day," Davina explained. She had always wanted to speak to her mother but she couldn't, and neither could Luke.

"I don't even know what I'd say to her, even if she could hear me," Luke said making her sigh,

"Yes, you do. You've already said it. Trust me." She smiled softly as Luke rang the doorbell. Luke's father opened the door and looked at her.

"Hello, can I help you?" He asked.

"Hi, I'm Davina. I believe you had a son named Luke?"

"Yes, that's right. And you are again?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Davina Molina. Your son's band used to play in my family's garage?" Davina pulled a paper out of her pocket. "I came across this song he wrote and figured you might be interested." She heard Luke's breath hitch behind her.

He hadn't known she was going to show them the song. "Well, yes. Please, please come in. I'm...I'm Mitch," He said inviting her in.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled softly. She turned to Luke and held the door for him. He walked in behind her.

"Can I, um, get you something?" Mitch asked as she closed the door.

"Oh, no, I'm good. Thank you," Davina noticed the picture sitting in the living area and smiled.

"Is this your son?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's Luke. When he was two." He reminisced with a smile.

"Do you have any other children?" He shook his head.

"Did I hear the doorbell?" A woman asked walking into the room. Presumably Luke's mother.

"Hi, hon. Um, this is Davina."

"Hello, Davina. Oh, that's a beautiful sweater." She smiled making Davina smile back. Her presence was welcoming and she hadn't felt the presence of a mother in years.

"Thank you. It's my mom's." She smiled looking down at it.

"Davina lives in the house where Luke and the band rehearsed," Mitch explained to his wife who stared up at him. "She was just telling me she found a song that Luke wrote."

"It's a song about a girl named Emily?"

"Emily...Oh, I'm Emily." She said softly, taking a step forward.

"Then I think your son may have written this song for you." Emily took the paper and sniffled. Davina had read the song and it's pretty emotional as is. She could only imagine how emotional it is when the words are directed to you.

"First things first, we start the scene in reverse. All of the lines rehearsed, disappeared from my mind. When things got loud, one of us running out. I should have turned around but I had too much pride."

Luke began singing and Davina realized that his parents could hear the words he sang. She began tearing up as she noticed Luke and his parents tearing up, remembering the events from twenty-five years ago.

"No time for goodbyes didn't get to apologize. Pieces of a clock that lies broken. If I could take us back if I could just do that. And write in every empty space, the words I love you in replace and every time would not erase me."

"If you could only know, I never let you go. And the words I most regret are the ones I never meant to leave, unsaid Emily."

"Silent days mysteries and mistakes. Who'd be the first to break, guess we're alike that way. He said, she said, conversations in my head and that's just where they're gonna stay forever."

"If I could take us back if I could just do that. And write in every empty space, the words I love you in replace and every time would not erase me."

"If you could only know, I never let you go. And the words I most regret are the ones I never meant to leave, unsaid Emily."

Tears fell down Davina's face as Luke, Emily, and Mitch were taken back to the night everything happened.

"If I could take us back if I could just do that. And write in every empty space, the words I love you in replace and every time would not erase me."

"If you could only know, I never let you go. And the words I most regret are the ones I never meant to leave, unsaid Emily."

When Luke stopped singing, Davina sniffed. "Thank you." Emily cried as Mitch rubbed her shoulders.

"You have no idea,"

"I write music with my sister in the same room that he did, and I can tell you it is a magical, happy place," Davina told them with a smile.

"That's so nice to know." Luke's father told her.

"I know he was only seventeen when he...But he lived doing the one thing he was born to do. Not many people find that but Luke did. He was lucky." As Davina spoke the words Luke flashed out.

"It was so nice to meet you," Emily told her making her smile. She felt the love radiating off of her and it made her feel warm.

"It was nice to meet you too,"

After saying her goodbyes, Davina found herself standing on the front porch. She looked around for Luke but eventually gave up, thinking her went home.

MARTHA SPEAKS ,
Not me sitting here crying
while writing this. My sister
is laughing at me omg. This is
just so embarrassing. This song is by
far my favorite song in general. I love it
so much. It holds so much emotion and
I love that. Anyways I'm updating
twice today hehe love u guys <333