~Playing DnD~

"The demogorgan strikes his attack! What does Will the wise do?" Mike says as he slams the Demegorgan figure on the game board, knowing that Will loved it when he called him that.

Will looks up at Mike with a warm smile, loving it when he called him Will the wise. "Will the wise, waves his hand and what spell does he do?" Will says.

For what seems like forever, Mike, Will, Lucas and Dustin, always played there favorite game, DnD in Mike's basement. They called there supposed friend group, the party. The party grew out more once Max and Eleven joined in. And from that time on, they've been the party ever since.

The rest of the kids, Lucas, Dustin, Eleven, and Max, look at Will, eager to know what spell he'll do.

"Avadacadavra!" Will yells, striking his spell at the demogorgan.

Mike looks deceivingly into the book, trying to see if the spell Will strike was correct.

Once Mike is done reading, he looks up to Will, who's already looking excitedly at him. He stares into his brown eyes, almost hazel, and felt his heart melt.

Mike never felt anything like this before. Especially not during a DnD game. Those can get serious. But as he looked into his best friends eyes, he doesn't feel as serious as he was before. He felt like his heart was pouring out of his eyes into Wills. It was almost as if he could feel what Will was feeling.

Will could feel his heart beat inside his chest, not even excited to hear if his spell was correct. he just wanted to see how long he could hold eye contact with Mike until his eyes watered and he broke into a million pieces.

Will could feel his heart slow down, and his eyes began to give up. All he wanted was that moment of exhilaration to last, but it had to come to a end.

"..M-mike..? Is my spell correct?" Will says, as he can feel his eyes start to water up.

Mike breaks out of his trance, shaking his head and blinking out of whatever that feeling was.

"Oh yeah, um.." he looks back at the book. "And it is!" He yells happily.

The kids, including Will cheer with excitement.

As the kids are cheering and celebrating, Wills brother, Jonathan comes down to the basement. As he walks down the stairs, Mike smirks at him.

"Jonathan you look flushed. What are you and Nancy doing up there?"

Jonathan clears his throat, awkwardly looking down at the floor. "You guys didn't hear anything..did you?"

El giggled a little, looking at Jonothan. "Not over all the cheering we were just doing. Will just won over the raging Demogorgan!"

Will smiles at Eleven. "I sure did. Thanks for the praise El." He looks back at Jonothan. "Is it time for us to go home now?"

"Yep. C'mon Will the wise." He looks at the kids. "Hey, Lucas, Dustin, Max, El, you guys want a ride home?"

"Yeah, actually, we didn't bring our bikes here." Max says.

Jonathan smiles. "Alright let's go."

The kids get up, following Jonathan up the stairs and as there going out the basement, they all say they're goodbyes to Mike.

----

"Thanks for the dinner mom, but I'm going to bed early. Night you guys."

"Goodnight sweetie, sweet dreams." His moms says to him.

Mike glances over at Nancy. "Sweet, sweet dreams Nance." He smirks at her as she chokes on her water.

Mike laughs a little, walking upstairs to his room. He goes into his room, closing his door silently. Mike looks around his room, seeing Wills drawings all over his wall from what felt like just yesterday.