Resistance Is Dead

KURENAI

The gorgeous Jōnin-sensei exits the bustling streets of Konaha's Market District and into the decently-populated Jōnin bar, Elite Spirits. Her goal is simple: find Kakashi. While Kurenai was eager to implement her plan for Uzumaki-kun, the first challenge she believes will posse an issue would be informing the genin's assigned Jōnin-sensei, and getting his express permission to interact with his student.

Kurenai can understand the significance behind the obscure rule of one sensei to a triplet of students. At such an impressionable time in their education of a very dangerous profession, a single sensei can better map out a timeline for growth and skill traits design for each student. A single sensei is integral to the development of their, hopefully, long careers, thus understands where the genin ninja is in their education and where they should go over a long period of time.

Even if the student receives lessons from another Sensei, it usually means the primary sensei doesn't match well with the student's clear talents, or simply is too inept to care. For example, a close-range taijutsu fighter would not be a good match for Kurenai's long-range, genjutsu instruction. Unfortunately, Kakashi is the furthest you can get from inept, and he seems to be a suitable match for Uzumaki, so any leeway Kurenai might've had for borrowing the blond won't apply to this.

Fortunately, Kurenai doesn't have to traverse the entire village looking for the shameless porno reading Jōnin. After leaving the cemetery, she finds the silver-haired Jōnin in their group's usual section of their bar. Walking through the moderately crowded, off-duty Jōnin and turning down two invitations for drinks, Kurenai sits across from her fellow sensei. Even if Kurenai's relatively certain her subtle tricks will work on the non-too-discreet pervert, she decided early on she wouldn't need to use her feminine wiles on a friend and senior Jōnin. It would be underhanded and there's always the possibility he takes the care of his students as seriously as she does.

After quick pleasantries and a firm demand from her to put his orange-covered filth away, Kurenai informs him, "I wanted to make you aware that I'll be using one of your students." Asserting confidence that she will have the thing she wants, even if it depends entirely on someone else has a better chance of success than simply asking, which is a sure way to hear no.

"Which and to what end?" the aloof Jōnin asks.

"Uzumaki-kun," she casually answer before adding, "and the reason is of a personal nature, but what I can tell you is it's to help one of my students."

"As a punching bag," he casually inquires.

Kurenai gives a head tilt and look of disbelief, answering, "no, nothing like that." Kurenai understands some shinobi—particularly those in clans—use younger or weaker ninja as little more than punching bags for a prized pupil in order to instill confidence in the favorite, which goes against everything she believes in. Kurenai wants all her students to succeed honestly; to learn and grow on the merits of their hard work and not on a fabricated sense of confidence. "I would never do that nor would I ever condone that behavior."

For Kakashi's part, he simply nods once, but he doesn't speak of her friendly appeal to use his student. A quiet moment or two passes between them before he simply hums, "...hmmm."

"What's the problem?" Kurenai asks, hoping to convince him there isn't a problem and his student's growth will not be hindered in any way.

Kakashi leans in a little and tilts his head as he asks, "have you approached him before informing me?"

She wasn't expecting that and answers, "no, I know the procedure." And he should know her well enough to not even bother asking, prompting her to ask, "why?"