.otaku house.

the brown girl's eyes bounced around the room where she was escorted to by a caucasian older woman. that was about twenty minutes ago. she was getting anxious by the minute, what if they send her back home, what if there's some sort of requirement that she doesn't meet. monotya wasn't much of a over thinker but when it came down to being nervous, she was. she messaged the girls and expressed that she was nervous but they were very reassuring, letting her know there was nothing to worry about. she took the bottle of water that she was given and took a sip, she halted once the door opened and a middle aged black woman entered the room. she was dressed in a white polo shirt, denim knee length shorts and black flats. she rocked a side part bob that gave view of her gold hoop earrings. she was beautiful to say the least.

"hi are you montoya?" her voice was angelic, equivalent to a black woman calling a white kid 'baby'. montoya rose to her feet and out stretched her hand to the woman "yes i am, are you ms. lovelace?" the woman shook montoya's hand, a whiff of shea filled montoya's nose.

"tanya is fine, it's nice to finally meet you. how was the trip? i hope it didn't cause you any trouble" both take a seat "no, it was pretty good actually". tanya's lips formed into a small smile "well. the rest of the house is here. they arrived different days and times to make sure that all of you can look at the house together"

"are they here already?" she questioned. tanya nodded "yes, that's what the whole wait was for. now if you're ready we can go and let you introduce yourself to the others." montoya nodded and rose to her feet again. tanya lead the way as they began to traveled to the living room, the walls were decorated with cartoon, anime and video game characters. there were also little statues lying around that referenced the likes of death note, smash bros and many more.

once they made their way to the living room, they spotted the other creators talking among themselves. montoya noticed a few creators that left comments on her posts and other creators that she enjoyed watching. one in particular was challan, montoya and challan spoken to each other on various occasions and they grew quite a bond. her eyes lit up as challan took notice of her.

tanya cleared her throat catching the creators' attention and now all eyes were on the both of them causing montoya to glance around everywhere else but them. "our final member has arrived. i'm going to leave the room so all of you can get a feel of each other before we do the house tour" tanya announced before giving montoya a pat on the back before leaving the room. challan bounced off the couch and engulfed montoya in a hug. a small laugh slipped past her lips as she hugged challan back, they always joked about coming down to each other's states and now here they were, potentially living with each other.

"finally, someone who isn't taller than me" she laughed and monotya laughed as well. "i'd never thought i'd see you in person so soon. when did you get here?" she asked. "i got here yesterday and slept in a hotel". tayden shook his head "that hotel was tryna kiss up to our black asses, they was giving us that special treatment".

"how you know they wasn't doing it out of the kindness of they hearts" yakayla questioned. "is it black owned?" yakayla didn't respond "there you go". "i'm hungry, the last thing i ate was those card board ass fries from burger king and that was four hours ago" tray complained. "we should grab something to eat" jackie suggested. mia (garfieldsfatbussyy) nodded "yeah I could go for some chinese right now".

  MONTOYA'S POV

i was afraid that i wouldn't fit in with the my soon to be housemates but that fear quickly went away after engaging in conversation and eating with them. the girls were so nice and the so were the boys, from the outside looking in you'd probably think that we've known each other for a long while. to be fair if you put a group of poc in a room and leave for a while that is most likely bound to happen, we all just clicked. no one was being left out and everyone was unique in their own way.