Chapter 5 - Part 5

Chapter 5: Part Five

Notes:

*Tears* Oh my goodness! Is Bond over already? My heart! My HEART! I love this chapter, by the way, and I usually hate my work. This one has so much heart and soul. I hope it touches you in the way it touched me.

Thank you Waymay for sticking with this, adoring it, and believing in this story (and me) when I didn't. I couldn't have done this without you, so take a bow, my friend. XD

Also, there's a few references to Empire by Waymay and LightofEvolution's High on Magic. Can you find them? EASTER EGGS. THEY ARE MY THING. I'd like to think all the Dramiones I write/am in involved with are just alternate universes. Earth One. Earth Two. That's why I always put Easter Eggs.

Ready to find out Draco's secrets?

If you love, please leave a review and a favorite in your wake.
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

____________________

A/N: During Draco and Hermione's dance, please go to Youtube and turn on "Cold" by Jorge Mendez
It's what I imagine them dancing to, and it sets a tone for what transpires as Draco talks.
_________________
Tonight I want all of you tonight
Give me everything tonight
For all we know we might not get tomorrow
Let's do it tonight

Don't care what they say
Or what games they play
Nothing is enough
'Til I have your love

"Give Me Everything" by Pitbull Ft Neyo, Afrojack & Nayer
__________________

The green satin that the mask rested on, it turned out, was a folded Grecian style backless dress with mermaid skirting at the bottom, emerald green and obviously expensive. Hermione stared at it as it hung at the top of her closet door on a coat hook as she debated on whether or not to wear it. The dress was breathtaking, for sure, but she was still hurting from the elevator incident, not to mention her last conversation with him at Bond, and... well, she wanted to stick it to him, even if it would be saying no to the most gorgeous dress Hermione ever laid eyes on. To wear it meant to represent him, and could she do that in good conscience?

She wrote to Luna two days before the masquerade to ask if she would attend as well, and received a response the same day; Luna had been asked by Jez, the bartender, and yes, she would most definitely be attending. Luna also noted that she hadn't seen Hermione in a few weeks, and asked if everything was alright. Hermione replied promptly stating everything was just fine, and that she would love to have a drink with her at Bond during the masquerade.

The rain slapped heavily against the windows of her flat come evening, and Hermione knew she wouldn't receive a reply from Luna until morning, when the rain let up and owls could continue their postal delivery. Still pondering over whether or not to wear the dress, Hermione made herself a nice cup of hot tea and curled up on her sofa with a book, 'It's All Business' by Vivian Brown. She'd read the novel three times already, but she simply couldn't put it down. Another thing she could never admit to Ginny: Hermione Granger enjoyed snarky romance novels, and this one was quite entertaining. A man, struggling to build his empire from the ground up, and a beautiful, successful partner who helped to keep his businesses from going under. Not to mention, all of the juicy sexy bits.

She was just finding her favorite chapter to re-read when someone knocked softly on her front door. Hermione narrowed her eyes. No one bothered to come to the front door anymore. They always used the floo. She stood at once, carefully tucking her book under a cushion, and walked across the room. She pressed her ear to the door and said, in her most pleasant voice, "Who is it?"